Is it neccessary to include a third paragraph in the essay (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
If your essay structure is like this:

Intro

Body 1 (where you synthesise two texts in one body paragraph with both relating to the same topic sentence)

Body 2 (where you synthesise two texts in another body paragraph with both relating to the same topic sentence)

Conclusion

Would it be neccessary to integrate another body paragraph where you synthesise two texts which relates to another different topic sentence (or is it too many words for an essay)?

Thanks

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
You can include it if you write extremely fast and have enough time to in 40 mins but if no time just don't put it in.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You can include it if you write extremely fast and have enough time to in 40 mins but if no time just don't put it in.
But do ppl usually have a third body paragraph if they do an essay structure like this?

ml125

HSC
It depends on how much depth you go into in each of your body paragraphs. If you go into a lot of depth it shouldn't be necessary to include another body paragraph.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
It depends on how much depth you go into in each of your body paragraphs. If you go into a lot of depth it shouldn't be necessary to include another body paragraph.
Don't you get marked down for not going into much depth in your body paragraphs?

WildestDreams

HSC
Usually people have 4. Its much easier. Don't do 2. make ur life easier.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Like I said synthesising your ideas in 4 paragraphs rather than 2, doesn't look good because you'd rather have 2 in one (to make the synthesising of the paragraphs look better and it will make more sense)

ml125

HSC
Don't you get marked down for not going into much depth in your body paragraphs?
Yes. But what I'm saying is that you'll have to take it an extra step further if you want to limit your arguments to two body paragraphs. Not including an extra paragraph potentially means that you are exploring less aspects of the text(s) than possible, depending on how you structure your response.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Like I said synthesising your ideas in 4 paragraphs rather than 2, doesn't look good because you'd rather have 2 in one (to make the synthesising of the paragraphs look better and it will make more sense)
It takes way more skill to integrate two texts well rather than just doing a text by text method which still works

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Yes. But what I'm saying is that you'll have to take it an extra step further if you want to limit your arguments to two body paragraphs. Not including an extra paragraph potentially means that you are exploring less aspects of the text(s) than possible, depending on how you structure your response.
So if I bother to make a 1500 word essay (rather than the normal 800-1000 word essay) would it be worth it?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
It takes way more skill to integrate two texts well rather than just doing a text by text method which still works
TBH all you need is your topic sentence in your body paragraph, introduce the texts and relate it back to the topic sentence using TEE. Same with another body paragraph that you plan to integrate but the thing is how r u supposed to end the body paragraph?

Also how do you end/put in the conclusion in your essay, I still have trouble doing that lol

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So if I bother to make a 1500 word essay (rather than the normal 800-1000 word essay) would it be worth it?
You will not be able to write it all in 40 minutes and be legible-unless you are super human, and unless this is a generic essay where you choose two out of three paragraphs every time you have an exam depending on what suits the exam question the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)