is it normal not knowing wat u wanna be? stilll? (1 Viewer)

berra

HSC
okay, im lost! im seriously lost...
i dnno wat i wanna study at uni.. like i do like studying, but i dnt have a strong interest in anything. i am (at skl) known 4 constantly changing my mind bout my future, so i wanna noe if ne 1 else is in d same position.

i dnnno y, but my preferences revolve around architecture. and yes, i always wanted it, but i wanted many stuff, i.e. accounting, psychology, education, dentistry, social work, dietetics/nutrition, speech pathology.. n i cnt b botherd listing the rest/...

ne advice? :confused:

btw, i dnt wanna waste my time with transfersd n dat.. but i guess i gots no choice

Last edited:

lanyon

HSC
I got the same problem. I can see myself doing so many things but i cant pick which id enjoy most and thus suit me best. So right now money is influencing my choice the most.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
A good way to see what you want is to apply for a combined degree program in the areas you like, e.g. commerce/arts, or science/arts (which includes almost anything). If you find you really enjoy something in one and not another, then drop one degree and keep the other. You could also go Arts, or for another generalised degree. If you find something you really enjoy and there's a more focused degree in it then transfer to it. At least you'll be able to get credit for at least some of the units studied, and it's better than picking something more specific first off and finding that you hate it. That would result in even more jumping to and from degrees.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
I'm in my third year and still don't know what I want :) hence i am doing a very generalised degree, see signature below.

I'm going to go wherever my degree takes me :)

Scanorama

HSC
I am in my second year studying Computer Science and I only just recently figured out what I want to do as my career, that is a primary school teacher.

When I left year 12, I had absolutely no idea what I want to do, I got accepted into uni so I thought might as well do this degree until I complete or I figured out what I want to do, whichever comes first.

If you got accepted into uni and still don't know what to do, you can just get in and transfer once you know what you want to do. It is perfectly normal for not knowing what you want to do, many people are in the same situation as you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)