is it over? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys I got my results for my first assesment but only for 2 subjects:
Adv Eng: 12/20 (60%) 60th/70 rank. Weighting: 20%
Ancient Hist: 22/25 (88%) 7th/50 rank. Weighting: 20%

I was just wondering if I could still get atar over 90? I have modern, legal and ext hist next year and haven't go business mark yet
I'm real worried seeing all of these people scared for their atar now

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
For an estimate, we'd need your school rank and what other units you do. In general, of course. Just have to try hard enough.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Nothing is ever truly over, there are always new beginnings and chances to learn and grow.

When applied in the HSC sense, one should never feel defeated or that things are over. Improvement is always possible to the finish line, and even at the end there are always alternate pathways for those that have vision and work hard.

It's totally still possible to get over 90+ by improving these two subs and doing well in your others :) And always remember you have externals to mitigate low subject ranks!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't let these marks demotivate you. See where you went wrong, rectify and improve.

Its far from over. Keep working hard.

Yeah Buddy

HSC
Umm work on your english. Its the one that scales the most. Apart from 4u math

HSC
my school rank is 100-110 and i do modern, ancient, ext history, adv eng, business stud, and legal studies
It's really hard to improve in english though :(

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
my school rank is 100-110 and i do modern, ancient, ext history, adv eng, business stud, and legal studies
It's really hard to improve in english though :(
It's not over, but unless there's a drastic improvement you'll seriously struggle to meet your ATAR goal.

Good luck!

HSC
What does 'drastic improvement' mean? Like I need to get in top 5 for each subject? What ranks do you think i need?

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
You could but you would have to improve. In English you have 12 marks out of a possible 20 out of 200 (internal + external). It's better to lose marks now, in the tasks that have smaller weighting than later in the year in the tasks that weigh higher.
And don't forget, it's not just about your school rank, it is about the rest of the state. James Ruse kids that'd get only 90 would be very lowly ranked but highly ranked compared to the rest of the state and so they would get high ATARs.

HSC
So my ancient mark is ok? but my english is bad i need to have drastic improvement ( I want a band 5 )

HSC
N/A
So my ancient mark is ok? but my english is bad i need to have drastic improvement ( I want a band 5 )
Yes, you will definitely need to do exceptionally well rank-wise in at least one or two other assessments (or exceptionally well in all your other subjects). It's never over, unless you give up yourself. I personally know of a student who dropped about 120 ranks for one assessment (out of 200), but aced trials with a rank in the top 5 - still managing to get a high Band 6 in the process. You just need to make up the 4-5% worth of lost marks that perhaps you were otherwise aiming for (16-17/20?). Go over and learn from what went wrong - Language? Ideas? Structure? Sophistication? Consult your teacher for extra feedback, or a tutor. Do work consistently, revise your texts and practice more responses or analysis. The coming holidays is the time to catch-up and/or get a head-start! Your Ancient result looks reasonable - gradual improvement or steady results over all assessments will also raise your rank, as from experience, many people tend to screw up in one assessment or other. Good luck :)

hippiemansam

HSC
Definitely not over yet, you just need to knuckle down for the next block of assessments.

Capt Rifle

HSC
If you fail you can always sign up for centrelink and meet new friendly people there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)