• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it possible for me to band 6 Physics? (1 Viewer)

coolcat6778

HSC
Maybe not. The 8th mark in a 300th school is probably 60%, so you will take home part of the 60% hsc score from that person if he got the same marks as in trials.

spiderfan44

HSC
yoinks! idk depends on your classmates performance in trials. if youre worried you may want to help ur classmates with studying so they get better in hsc. its def possible if you do well in hsc.

iloveeggs

HSC
bruv you didnt give cohort size or no of b6s last year how tf are we meant to know
wow this is reasonable im glad we agree on some level

yeah like this guy said there isn't much of a way of knowing unless you give us the no of b6s in the cohort. however if we were to guess blindly it would be a probably not. if your hsc mark itself is a high b6 you might make a crazy comeback either way

iloveeggs

HSC
Cohort Size: 60ish
No of Band 6's Last Year was 4
you're kind of close ig. you might be better off expecting your internal mark to be a band 5 and try to maximise your hsc mark so it will even out to a band 6. basically try your hardest in hsc

mathmath

HSC
Ngl that’s a pretty low rank for a school like that. If I was you I’d consider no longer focusing on such a subject because you’re prolly getting a Band 3 if lucky.

iloveeggs

HSC
Ngl that’s a pretty low rank for a school like that. If I was you I’d consider no longer focusing on such a subject because you’re prolly getting a Band 3 if lucky.
band 3 is a crazy estimate considering they are 8th and last year they had 4 band 6s. they might be at a band 5 or 4 level

i do agree that being 8th is not great for a school ranked that low but i think you might be jumping to conclusions lol. @Rising Tide even if you dont b6 its not worth just giving up on a subject bc you dont think you'll b6. do your best in the hsc

mathmath

HSC
Honestly I’m speaking from personal experience. When I did physics last year I was also 7th and my school had a similar rank. I ended up getting a 65 for the subject and my internals. @Rising Tide you should be very careful.

iloveeggs

HSC
to be fair your estimate might be accurate but they still shouldn't do this:
If I was you I’d consider no longer focusing on such a subject because you’re prolly getting a Band 3 if lucky.
how is this a valid piece of advice? even if they don't get a b6 they should focus on the subject and work hard for a b5 or 4 even.

mathmath

HSC
to be fair your estimate might be accurate but they still shouldn't do this:

how is this a valid piece of advice? even if they don't get a b6 they should focus on the subject and work hard for a b5 or 4 even.
See, I agree ye cuz encouragement is always a positive thing. However, realism is sometimes better in said situations because if you remain in such a mindset, you face disappointment. By being realistic, one can try redirecting focus. @Rising Tide, maintaining realism is key.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)