Is it possible to do this? (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
Is it possible to do B Economics/Laws, majoring in Economics + Finance??

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
no, one major for your economics degree which could be economics, financial economics or econometrics

Meshy590

HSC
this is what it says in the handbook: "a maximum of 36 credit points of elective units of study from The University of Sydney Business School"
since a major is 36 credit points, doesn't this mean that I can do a Finance major??

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Doesn't your BEc force you to major in economics or something?

Btw economics is NOT in the Business School. It is in te school of Arts and Social Sciences.

Meshy590

HSC
Yea, I'm aware that Economics is in the Arts faculty now. As a part of BEc, you have to do one major from either Economics, Econometrics, Financial Economics BUT you can also do "a maximum of 36 credit points of elective units of study from The University of Sydney Business School"

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Where does it say this? I'm pretty sure if you do combined law, you are only able to fit in one major in the non-law degree.

jet

Banned
HSC
You cannot complete a major in Finance since that major isn't offered by the Faculty of Arts as either a Table A or Table B major.

izzy88

HSC
this is what it says in the handbook: "a maximum of 36 credit points of elective units of study from The University of Sydney Business School"
since a major is 36 credit points, doesn't this mean that I can do a Finance major??
In regards to the ability to do a double major in a combined law degree, it doesn't work because:

A major is usually 36 senior credit points (ie. second or third year units) Not junior (ie. first year). In your second and third year of your combined LLB/BE degree you do 6 law subjects - which means you only have room for 10 other senior subjects. If 6 go to your economics major, there's only four senior subjects left. Not enough for another major.

Meshy590

HSC
In regards to the ability to do a double major in a combined law degree, it doesn't work because:

A major is usually 36 senior credit points (ie. second or third year units) Not junior (ie. first year). In your second and third year of your combined LLB/BE degree you do 6 law subjects - which means you only have room for 10 other senior subjects. If 6 go to your economics major, there's only four senior subjects left. Not enough for another major.
is it possible to overload/do summer school/extend length of degree in order to fit in 2 majors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)