Is it possible to get 95 or above for the atar. (1 Viewer)

Jai2019

HSC
Hello.
I am wondering if it is possible for me to get an atar above 95 with my current subjects if i get around 93 percent for each of my subjects.
My subjects are:
1. Math standard
2. English standard
3. Arabic continuers
4. Business studies
5. Biology

Thank you very much.

satvik_1008

HSC
Hello.
I am wondering if it is possible for me to get an atar above 95 with my current subjects if i get around 93 percent for each of my subjects.
My subjects are:
1. Math standard
2. English standard
3. Arabic continuers
4. Business studies
5. Biology

Thank you very much.
i mean nothing is impossible but it is highly unlikely given those subjects scale absolutely horribly. Except for bio and business who also have a horrible scaling but if u ace them, u can do well

StudyOnly

HSC
If you are going to get around 93+ for all of them, I don't see why not.... Good Luck!

Jai2019

HSC
i mean nothing is impossible but it is highly unlikely given those subjects scale absolutely horribly. Except for bio and business who also have a horrible scaling but if u ace them, u can do well
What about if I swapped out Arabic continuers for legal studies with the same Mark. Would that increase my chances.

dani01

HSC
What about if I swapped out Arabic continuers for legal studies with the same Mark. Would that increase my chances.
yes probably imo. but dont choose subjects based on what scaling do what you like! and if thats arabic continuers go for it.

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
ATAR calculator says that HSC marks of 93 in all those subjects will give you a 97.5 ATAR.

However, if you're basing the idea that you'll get 93 in your subjects on the fact that you got 93 in your subjects as internal marks, then I would say that this perception is ill-informed. I would be putting more effort than you think is necessary. HSC exams are likely going to be marked to a different standard to how your school teachers mark, especially if your school is historically low performing. E.g. my school/trial marks as real HSC marks would hypothetically round out to an ATAR around 99.8, but my actual HSC marks led to an ATAR around 96-97.
Also, make sure that your internal ranks are like the best they can be, because good internal ranks will help minimise the effects of HSC exam stress which can actually really make or break your results.

With that being said, any combination of subjects can yield your goal ATAR. Yes, scaling matters to an extent but it should never be the sole concern of your subject choice. Your concern should be on whether you like the subject enough to study it for 1-2 years. i.e see numerous cases of people getting max ATAR with dogshit scaling subjects that they actually enjoyed studying.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)