Is it possible to get good marks from just doing past papers (1 Viewer)

Ivy h

HSC
I have about two weeks left till trials and 6 subjects I have to learn before then, is it possible to get say an 80 in advanced maths if I just do past papers. idk if this helps but the paper im doing is from CSSA

__samuelkim__

HSC
I have about two weeks left till trials and 6 subjects I have to learn before then, is it possible to get say an 80 in advanced maths if I just do past papers. idk if this helps but the paper im doing is from CSSA
got the same problem for most of my subj i either dont remember or havent done it due to slacking off (and i go to a top 20 selective school lmfao), so i was wondering if doing only past papers could be enough.

carrotsss

HSC
Yes, imo past papers are the best revision method, even if you are behind on the content. However, simply mindlessly doing past papers isn't really enough, you have to make sure that you are thoroughly marking the papers and analysing your mistakes in them (not just mentally, you have to actually write down why you made the mistake), as well as relearning any content gaps.

You also need to be prepared to be faced with not-so-amazing results at first, but that's a good thing, since it pretty much tells you all of your actual content gaps and makes it much quicker to revise through them efficiently and focus on your weak areas.

Ishaan Verma

HSC
Agreed, I would say past papers are the resource that separates the top student from the average students. I got my trials in like 3 weeks and I can definitely say that past papers are essential for subjects like Physics, Biology and ESPECIALLY Maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)