Is it possible to have 2 Majors and a Minor? (1 Viewer)

llamafarma

HSC
Hey guys,

Pretty much as the title states I was just curious as to the possibility of having 2 majors and 1 minor? Just transferred into USYD Commerce and tossing up between majoring in Finance & Banking or Finance & Accounting. Then had the thought of doing a Finance/Accounting double major and just minor in Banking. Anyone know if this is possible? and if so, how tough would the workload be?

cheers xx

sida1049

HSC
I don't actually think USYD recognises minors. As far as I know, the only minor that is recognised here is IT.

But two majors? That should be very much possible. You can just study units relevant to banking, if you're still interested.

The workload for multiple majors is actually not any more difficult than the workload for a single major, contrary to popular consensus. The only nontrivial factors that determine the difficulty and workload of majoring is what the majors actually are, and whether you're overloading (i.e. taking more than 24 credit points in a semester). Think about it. Let's say you decide to major in only one area in your commerce degree. What do you do with the remaining credit points? So in the end, all else being equal, majoring in more than one area of study should not increase your workload (unless if you decide to overload for some reason, which you shouldn't have to since commerce gives you plenty of credit points anyway).

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Officially, you cannot do minors at USYD. If you wish to organise what is the equivalent of a minor within your study load you will have to do so unofficially.

Read the handbook and you should be able to plan out what you want to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)