Is it possible to study more than 96CPs? (1 Viewer)

Mathmatics85

HSC
Hi

Im doing a double degree which requires me to do 96cps. However due to my study plan i might have to take 1 extra unit which will make it 99-100cps. Can i do more than 96cps? does the uni allow this?

blackrider89

HSC
Hi

Im doing a double degree which requires me to do 96cps. However due to my study plan i might have to take 1 extra unit which will make it 99-100cps. Can i do more than 96cps? does the uni allow this?
Why not? The uni would get more fund.

tajid73

HSC
Why not? The uni would get more fund.
Hmm you might be able to i think. But pretty sure you have to tell uni that you wanna do more thhan 96 as Im pretty sure you will not be able to enrol 100cp through estudent directly.
Im doing single degree which is 68 cp and last semester which is my last semester I only had 9cp left but was still unsure as what electives I wanted to do and decided to enrol more than 3 subjects and drop which one I think would be the hardest. But e-student didn't allow me to continue enroling into my 4th subject.
And what do you mean by bcos of your study plan you have to do 100cp?

Mathmatics85

HSC
I have 5 more units before i can graduate (that 5 units will make up to 96cps), and i need extra unit to be eligible for centrelink next year first semester. Im living on my own without any sort of monetary support from my parents so i need that support from centrelink. I have a part time job, but all i get from my job goes straight into rent payment.

That extra unit will make my total cp to 99 so im asking here...i've emailed MQ but havent got a response yet.

X

xeuyrawp

The way it works is this: If you want to do units outside of your study plan, you can do them if eStudent lets you enrol in them. If it doesn't let you enrol in them, you can send an email to the eStudent people (through the contact form) and request the extra slot, citing some valid reason you'd want to do it.

Based on what you said, though, it shouldn't be a problem. :)

frauelize

HSC
You can mail eStudent support to get them add extra slot on your study plan so that you can enrol. Just tell them how many credit points you need or which subject you want to do.

(i know 'coz i work there)

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
Yep you can, like for me I did 117 CPs but you gotta call up e-student each time after you've done the 96th credit point to enrol in the units for you manually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)