Is it possible to transfer after 2nd yr of uni -bcomm to comm/law (1 Viewer)

Left-ism

HSC
Is it possible to transfer after 2nd yr of uni -bcomm to comm/law???/

thanks guys

doe

HSC
N/A
i think your uni would be the best place to ask ^_^

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
no a law transfer is not possible after more than one fulltime year of tertiary education.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yup, what frigid said, beacuse they have to draw the line somewhere, and by transferrring now, well, you may as well do graduate law, takes the same amount of time, or just a little more.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
natstar said:
I want to transfer after my 2nd year. But im not doing law. I just wana change uni's to be closer to home and go to Newy, but do the same course that im doing now. Does anyone know what kinda marks i need to get.
It's impossible to know the NRSL cutoffs unless you ask the uni directly - but if your UAI is close to the current cutoffs, and you have a high credit - distinction average, you should have a chance

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
but i thought uai only counts if you transfer after 1st year..or is only valid for 2 years. Also, do they count 1st year results as part of the high credit-distinction average
The UAI is always relevant. Even in graduate degrees they look at UAI (I believe it's something like 75% tertiary grades from the first degree, 25% UAI, but this will vary from uni to uni), unless you do not have one.

Left-ism

HSC
can i say....hypthetically
transfer from usyd commerce to unsw commerce after 2nd yr?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Left-ism said:
can i say....hypthetically
transfer from usyd commerce to unsw commerce after 2nd yr?
yes - however, you may not be able to graduate in your 3rd year, because UNSW would have a minimum requirement of completed credit points at UNSW in order to graduate at UNSW. Basically, you'll either do more subjects or wont get get full transfer credit

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Frigid said:
no a law transfer is not possible after more than one fulltime year of tertiary education.
does that apply to all unis or just usyd?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
theone123 said:
does that apply to all unis or just usyd?
it applies to UNSW and USyd, however, I'm not sure about UTS and other uni's in Sydney. You can probably find out for yourself by looking at other uni's Law faculty websites

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)