Is it really all about physics & maths??? (1 Viewer)

adrian_1522

HSC
I'm planning to do Civil & Environmental Engineering with Medical Science.

Although I only did 2Unit Maths and no physics for the HSC :(. Physics i'm not too worried about, but the maths...how much maths?

Maths is NOT my cup of tea although i'm really interested in engineering and i'm hoping that I can pass.

So is civil & environmental engineering really all about maths & physics? or should I just stick to Bmed. Sci/BBusiness...grr it's so frustrating...I can't decide. My gut tells me engineering, but my brain tells me business.

help...

Affinity

HSC
It's not all about physics and maths, it's about using physics and maths to get things right. what about business + engineering

adrian_1522

HSC
Musk said:
now i did 2U maths and i got a credit in mathematical modelling one and im atm doing maths mod 2 over summer ( i dropped it in spring, long story) anyways, it is very wise for you to do the following if u wanna pick up engineering

1. do physical modelling a and b, this is where physics is spilt into two semisters and u have a much higher chance of passing the subject

2. do the bridging course that starts a few weeks before semister or do a foundation maths subject that the faculty offers since it has a lot of older ppl coming in for engineering which looks good on ur wam lol

3. im curious do u play chess or that game where u have 9 boxes and u try to fit all those numbers in starts with s but i cbf clearing the mental blank
Yes I play chess & No I don't play Soduko lol...only because everyone raves about how mad it is...haven't really given it a go.

I spose I could do a bridging course..but does ALL of engineering include Physics & Maths or is it just:
Physical Modelling & Maths modelling 1 & 2. I know that course itself shows you how to apply math...but it's more the Hardcore math i'm worried about.

d3sprado

HSC
Wat bout if u use to do 3 unit maths in yr 11 'coz u failed it, is it still good to do a bridginf course n wat stuff do u do in dat

cuppy

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
it is not easy (80% fail rate is it harder than unsw physics)
o_O WTF?! !@#$@!%^@&#$%#@ i thought i'd seen the worst of physics

Musk said:
anything is possible in life with effort, anything else is just luck (paris hilton)
you said it!!

Logistics

HSC
d3sprado said:
Wat bout if u use to do 3 unit maths in yr 11 'coz u failed it, is it still good to do a bridginf course n wat stuff do u do in dat

The only thing you need to know is integration and differentiation to be ready for uni maths.

They go over it in the bridging course so no worries :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)