• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

IS it survivable? (1 Viewer)

pratikvc

HSC
I was sitting down and thinking.
My Half Yearlies being tomorrow.
Hypothetically, if i fail all of them can i make up for it in the next assessments and hsc?
i do eng adv, ipt, sorI, maths ext1, bio and physics.
Can i achieve a UAI over 90??

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
[/sarcasm]

:|

If your aiming for over a UAI 90+ then you must be a capable student so I very much doubt you would fail your half yearlies.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Why are you thinking about how you'd make up for them when you stuff them up x.x You haven't even done them yet! Have some positive thought :)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Gotta love the mods here... Take all the fun out of the forum next time guys.

To give a serious response though - you'll probably set yourself back pretty badly if you fail them all, but for someone that does the calibre of subjects that youa re doing, failing really shouldn't be in the question.

pratikvc

HSC
WELL i did my english and physics task today, and suffice to say i am not expecting any great result.
I can only hope for better marks in my other exams!
Should i put more effort in? ?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
pratikvc said:
Hypothetically, if i fail all of them can i make up for it in the next assessments and hsc?
Hypothetically, if you fail them and everyone else fails them and you get a great ranking you can get whatever UAI you deserve from <30 - 100. You can redeem yourself through the other assessments ensuring you get a nice internal ranking (because that and not the actual numerical values, to an extent, determines your assessment half of your HSC mark). And just do great in the HSC exams and never ever contemplate failing your exams.

Edit: Put all your effort in and don't even bother asking people whether you should put more effort in. If you want an excellent mark give it all you can.

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
pratikvc said:
WELL i did my english and physics task today, and suffice to say i am not expecting any great result.
I can only hope for better marks in my other exams!
Should i put more effort in? ?
You are quite aware of the marks you'll getting and why, so I really don't understand why you're asking about whether you need to put more effort in. If you're not getting the desired marks, you will OBVIOUSLY need to put more effort in.

I don't know how many more ways that could have been emphasised, apart from font and colour change.

Ged Janet

HSC
good luck in your exam tomorrow. I am sure you will get back what you put in. :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
....you haven't even DONE your half yearlies yet.

sounds like you're setting yourself up to fail them deliberately :S

keep positive. :)

mzduxx2006

HSC
pratikvc said:
No. i dont think yu realise how important your school assessments count towards your end of year mark and your UAI. assuming yu are going to get one. And yur a capable student wanting to achieve over 90 so i doubt yu would fail. but still.....try your hardest!! :D

KataK

HSC
dude, pratik! You're seriously one of the smartest kids at school. If u fail the exams, we all fail the exams.

And btw for a smart kid, u are clearly asking very obvious questions.

eg. if i am failing, should i put in more effort?

well obviously... you knob!

And u think u have a tough time on monday, try doing an english exams + physics exam + history assignment.....

yea that's what i thought!

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)