Interdice

HSC
My marks are outstandlingly bad
Estimate bands based on previous years band 6 numbers
16/23 Bio B4
10/48 Math advanced B6
30/40 Physics B4
30/32 MX1 E3(pray to god)
5/10 SDD(studied one day and scored 76 percent somehow) last years class had 3 band 6. B6

High school ranked 200ish

Interdice

HSC
Also side tangents fuck internal assessment tasks. They are nothing like the final exams and are impossible to study for. And fuck english

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
What is the weighting that your remaining school-based assessment tasks/exams will contribute across your subjects? The higher this percentage, the greater your opportunity to maximise your rank if you are able to perform at a higher standard in your upcoming tasks.

I think that this is an interesting situation. Your ranks in Mathematics Advanced and (potentially) Software Design and Development appear to be favourable, which would likely mean that your current performance in both subjects is consistent with your desired ATAR. Because of this, you should ensure that you do your utmost to maintain this standard and, if possible, improve, because the higher your rank, the more likely you will be to maximise your Assessment Mark.

On the other hand, your position in Biology, Physics and Mathematics Extension 1 is concerning. While favourable results in Mathematics Advanced and SDD would definitely increase your chances of achieving an ATAR of 85, this can be negated by unfavourable performance in those other subjects. It is therefore important to try your best to address areas of improvement in each subject which, alongside more extensive preparation, will hopefully allow you to improve your rank by performing well in your next tasks.

I see no mention of English, although your post indicates that your rank in English is also not great, which means that the above advice would also apply here.

With that being said, your ATAR goal is still within reach. This is not only because you can still improve your performance in your remaining internal tasks, but also because the HSC exam itself is very important, as it contributes 50% of your HSC mark for each of your subjects, making your HSC exams another great opportunity for you to complete your comeback and maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D

comeback6969

HSC
Estimate bands based on previous years band 6 numbers
16/23 Bio B4
10/48 Math advanced B6
30/40 Physics B4
30/32 MX1 E3(pray to god)
5/10 SDD(studied one day and scored 76 percent somehow) last years class had 3 band 6. B6

High school ranked 200ish
depends how motivated you are. If you are you would study your ass off for all your next tasks and that 85 might soon in sight

ADE22

HSC
I understand your frustration, but take comfort knowing that you still have absolutely everything to play for.

While your internal marks do indeed account for 50% of your ATAR, I would be cautious to emphasise that as the marks that form your school mark can change - and they do - quite dramatically.

If you perform well enough in the HSC to the point where you've made a 10, 15 or even 20% improvement across all of your subjects, there is every chance that your internal marks will change accordingly. Your school's performance helps with that too, and you can sometimes be rewarded for doing well when others don't.

Interdice

HSC
What is the weighting that your remaining school-based assessment tasks/exams will contribute across your subjects? The higher this percentage, the greater your opportunity to maximise your rank if you are able to perform at a higher standard in your upcoming tasks.

I think that this is an interesting situation. Your ranks in Mathematics Advanced and (potentially) Software Design and Development appear to be favourable, which would likely mean that your current performance in both subjects is consistent with your desired ATAR. Because of this, you should ensure that you do your utmost to maintain this standard and, if possible, improve, because the higher your rank, the more likely you will be to maximise your Assessment Mark.

On the other hand, your position in Biology, Physics and Mathematics Extension 1 is concerning. While favourable results in Mathematics Advanced and SDD would definitely increase your chances of achieving an ATAR of 85, this can be negated by unfavourable performance in those other subjects. It is therefore important to try your best to address areas of improvement in each subject which, alongside more extensive preparation, will hopefully allow you to improve your rank by performing well in your next tasks.

I see no mention of English, although your post indicates that your rank in English is also not great, which means that the above advice would also apply here.

With that being said, your ATAR goal is still within reach. This is not only because you can still improve your performance in your remaining internal tasks, but also because the HSC exam itself is very important, as it contributes 50% of your HSC mark for each of your subjects, making your HSC exams another great opportunity for you to complete your comeback and maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D

Lol there are usually around 10 math advanced students with band 6s. I imagine most of them are in the extension 1 class. I think I can get top 5. I didn't study hard for math advacned lol. Math Extension is a royal pain in the ass though. Fuck perms and combs

For software design and development. 6 of the 10 studetnts do extension math. Per capita, it has the highest rates of band 6. Teacher says we're the smartest class she's ever had.

Bottom 40 percent for english standard :(.

For sciience I can do trial questions just fine. However school internal assessment tasks are such a royal pain that have nothign to do with anything! For Bio we had a "skills" assessment, which incorporated pretty much nothing we learnt over 10 weeks. We also had no access to past papers. Everyone did well except for me.

Thank you for ur kind words :)

Last edited:

Interdice

HSC
I done my math extensoin test. I had 1 hour of sleep before the exam. It's rank should be high E3/ low E4.

It's a massive improvement over my low E3 grades before. I probably won't get E4 as well. I'm okay with that

I alos accepted I won't get an 85 atar and I'm okay with it. My new goal is 75 atar. It's just as good, and I don't care enough about Physics or Chemistry to do any better

carrotsss

HSC
I done my math extensoin test. I had 1 hour of sleep before the exam. It's rank should be high E3/ low E4.

It's a massive improvement over my low E3 grades before. I probably won't get E4 as well. I'm okay with that

I alos accepted I won't get an 85 atar and I'm okay with it. My new goal is 75 atar. It's just as good, and I don't care enough about Physics or Chemistry to do any better
as long as you get a high enough atar for ur course (with a good amount of breathing room just in case) it doesn't really matter anyway

Interdice

HSC
as long as you get a high enough atar for ur course (with a good amount of breathing room just in case) it doesn't really matter anyway
Yeah that's my thoughts 75 atar for USYD is fine. It costs 3k per year more than UNSW so I'm a bit mad about that but whatever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)