is it too late for me?? (1 Viewer)

insanechild

iv been stuffing up my HSC so far and im just wondering is it possible for me to do ok to get into the 80's or even 90's?

how much does your school assessments count into your HSC

is it too late to get back on track??

chip

HSC
i think it depends exactly how much you've been stuffin up.....

like are you passin or are you getting 30's and 40's and are you willing to work hard for 6 months or however long it is we have left

i think its all up to you insanechild

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, if you haven't done the Trials yet, you still can make up a lot of loss ground for your Assessment Marks! And as for you HSC Exam mark, well they are a long way away especially if you put in the hard yards now! Good luck! :)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
lol..what do you expect as to say? "No, it's too late, run for the hills while you still can"?! ;)
Think about it realistically...look at how much the assessments you stuffed up are actually worth. And thats only your assessment mark-theres still the HSC performance to go, which makes up 50%.
And if "stuffing up" means poor marks, then remember that the marks don't mean a thing at the end of the day-only what you are ranked. And there is still time to hike up your ranks in the trials and other assessment tasks...it is 100% up to you.

blazezs

Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
lol..what do you expect as to say? "No, it's too late, run for the hills while you still can"?! ;)
Think about it realistically...look at how much the assessments you stuffed up are actually worth. And thats only your assessment mark-theres still the HSC performance to go, which makes up 50%.
And if "stuffing up" means poor marks, then remember that the marks don't mean a thing at the end of the day-only what you are ranked. And there is still time to hike up your ranks in the trials and other assessment tasks...it is 100% up to you.
yeh, so true :p

just start and work ur butts off :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
nah man, its never too late. just 'learn from your mistakes' and keep getting at it!

its not too late...

blazezs

Originally posted by natstar
Assesment marks count 50% towards the hsc, but even if u do whit now, u can still get a high mark. Just keep with it, dont give up and aim for your best.
Thats not true :D

The actual HSC exam is worth MORE then the ASSESSMENT if thats true then, do well in the trials and the ACTUAL HSC and you should be a fine ducky ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by blazezs

Thats not true :D

The actual HSC exam is worth MORE then the ASSESSMENT if thats true then, do well in the trials and the ACTUAL HSC and you should be a fine ducky ;)
its still 50/50
Assessements and HSC exam are worth 50% each

blazezs

Originally posted by MinAi

its still 50/50
Assessements and HSC exam are worth 50% each

My Economic Teacher whos been teaching for more then 40 years said that the actual HSC exam accounts for more then the assessment!

And he said his seen that the HSC would more then the assessments! :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
They might be rumors to motivate student ... so they do not give up for the exam!

Although, if you perform really really well, they might adjust you Assessment marks <--- What I've heard (although it might be a rumor too)!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
My Economic Teacher whos been teaching for more then 40 years said that the actual HSC exam accounts for more then the assessment!

He's either wrong, or you misinterpreted him.

He may have been alluding to the fact that the moderated assessment marks of the class as a whole hinge upon their (overall) performance in the HSC exam.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
They are both worth 50%, but I would regard the HSC exams and being more important than the school assessments as they play a part in determining how your assessments are scaled...Maybe thats what your teacher was getting at.
But yeah, the actual marks you get in the HSC exams are only worth 50%. They average your examination mark with your scaled assessment marks, to give your final HSC mark for that subect, which determines what band you get in, and so forth...

blazezs

Originally posted by Lazarus
He's either wrong, or you misinterpreted him.

He may have been alluding to the fact that the moderated assessment marks of the class as a whole hinge upon their (overall) performance in the HSC exam.
I'm pretty (119% sure) i didn't misinterpret it! We had this discussion more then 3 times, so i'm pretty sure thats what he meant by the exam worthing more then the assessments :(

Sighz, the HSC is just as complex as walking through a maze! Better do the work, and let those guys who are paid to do the maths to do the maths......

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Just a thought - It doesn't matter what they do with the marks, so long as you give it as much as you should! :)

blazezs

Originally posted by flyin'
Just a thought - It doesn't matter what they do with the marks, so long as you give it as much as you should! :)
110% right!

Its all about PB!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)