Is it too late to do math Ext1 (1 Viewer)

irresponsible

HSC
Hey guys,
So currently I am doing adv math and I want to switch to do 3u math, but at my school their is only 1 class doing it and idk what to say to the math coordinator about changing class. Idk if they allow changing class and considering last year my math results was not the greatest but the math coordinator is understanding and kind. Please let me know what you guys think and give advice if you can (I will be talking to the coordinator about it trmw before its too late).

Thanks,

Jos:)

HSC
What do you feel are the benefits of doing 3u math? What other subjects are you doing?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you really want to do MX1, go for it. Yr 11 just started. Go see your Maths Coordinator to explain to him/her that you really want to do Ext 1, and ask to be allowed to do it. If necessary, acknowledge that your maths results last year was pretty crummy, but you are determined to put in more efforts from now on. It may help if you bring your mum or dad along, to strengthen your case.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
If you really want to do MX1, go for it. Yr 11 just started. Go see your Maths Coordinator to explain to him/her that you really want to do Ext 1, and ask to be allowed to do it. If necessary, acknowledge that your maths results last year was pretty crummy, but you are determined to put in more efforts from now on. It may help if you bring your mum or dad along, to strengthen your case.
Curious, have you ever thought of working in a tutor company or making ur own tuition centre?

irresponsible

HSC
What do you feel are the benefits of doing 3u math? What other subjects are you doing?
My subjects rn are english adv, math adv, chem, econ, phy and SOR2 (religion is manatory). So the benefits I would say is help strength my math and other subject (like phy and chem) and I finding SOR2 really boring and exhausting so I want to do math ext1 so I can do SOR1

irresponsible

HSC
Thanks,
But I'm not sure how to execute it. It is alot to ask for and I am really not sure how they going to do it

aulinia

HSC
Thanks,
But I'm not sure how to execute it. It is alot to ask for and I am really not sure how they going to do it
Go up to whoever is responsible for classes and at least ask if there’s a possibility. If there are any concerns on the teachers’ end, assure them that you’re willing to work hard. If they still say no then at least you know you tried, and also do it as soon as possible so you don’t miss out on a lot of content

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Thanks,
Talk to your parents. They may be able to advise you. Drag them along if necessary. Just ask your coordinator for an appointment to discuss your interest in doing MX1. What have you got to lose? At most your request may be turned down; you're no worse off. If you don't ask, you get nothing.

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
Hey guys,
So currently I am doing adv math and I want to switch to do 3u math, but at my school their is only 1 class doing it and idk what to say to the math coordinator about changing class. Idk if they allow changing class and considering last year my math results was not the greatest but the math coordinator is understanding and kind. Please let me know what you guys think and give advice if you can (I will be talking to the coordinator about it trmw before its too late).

Thanks,
you should definitely give it a shot, i made the same decision this time last year and now i am doing extension 2, picking ext 1 was very worthwhile and made advanced a breeze

irresponsible

HSC
you should definitely give it a shot, i made the same decision this time last year and now i am doing extension 2, picking ext 1 was very worthwhile and made advanced a breeze
What did you say to get in?

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
What did you say to get in?
i met with my maths coordinator and told her how ext 1 would benefit me and how i thought i would be fit for the course. it was tough because my year 10 maths teacher actually recommended that i should do standard so i had to try and convince my maths coordinator that i could handle ext 1. my maths coordinator placed me on a ‘trial’ where i would have to get a certain mark for the first task or else i would have to drop ext 1, you can probably ask to be put on a trial as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)