Is it too late? (1 Viewer)

stephenchow

HSC
I was thinking of not doing B.Science anymore cause in the end I only do two majors in two degrees instead of four majors if I do them seperately (Im currently doing Commerce/ Science).

Would it be better getting a double degree with two majors or just doing Commerce and majoring in for example, finance and accounting at this point?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
This will mainly depend on where your interests lie.

With double-degrees it's hard to determine exactly what sort of job you'll be aiming for, but with double degrees, usually you can only elect 1 major for each degree (i.e. A friend of mine doing Com/Sci was like that), not sure for Com/Arts

Unlike say if I do a single degree for B Sci, I would be able to choose 2 Majors or 1 Major + 1 minor, same goes for just B Com.

Last edited:

Lavenderpup

HSC
^ Commerce/Arts can apparently do 2 majors in Commerce and 2 in arts apparently lol but since the 9th of march has past, it might be too late w/o financial penalty

dufour

HSC
and since Arts is completely useless, you've really only got 2 majors over five years.

to the OP, the decision lies in your interests rather than any advantages one degree has over the other. doing a double degree in comm/sci is great, you get a lot of variety. whereas studying just commerce can get a bit dry (esp. if ur an acct major).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)