Is it too late? (1 Viewer)

simster4u

Hmmm...

This is a tragic story and i suppose many will look down on me after they've read it but its better now then never...

Up until now i've done nothing but sit around being a lazy p.o.s.
I thought "i'll do it tomorrow", "just after this show", "just one more game"... etc etc....

I've just had a wake up call...
My tutor (who i've hired about a week ago) achieved the UAI of 99.65. We talked and he's become a real inspiration.

So is it too late to achieve a UAI of 90+?

All my exams and etc I've managed to barely pass without studying. Everything i write on paper is from what i remember in class... and my fellow students tell me that because i do "well" without studying, i would definitely achieve alot more if i did.

Here are my subjects:

Maths
Maths Ext 1
English Adv.
English Ext 1
Legal Studies
Business Studies

10 units all up.

I need help with study timetables, only 206 days left and so much to catch up and keep up with.

What should i do?:confused:
I want to bash my head on a wall because i feel so stupid that neglected this... but i wont :p , and instead get some guidance...

Anything that you feel will help this poor bugger work harder and achieve a good UAI. Thank you`

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
nah its not to late never say never
its only 2 late if u think its to late and dont put in the effort NOW
dont listen to that little voice in ur head telling u go on BOS watch TV u have to study u have to work u have to do this and that but u will get a good uai

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You can still catch up on ALL your subjects within about 1-2wks if you just work at it non-stop (well say 4hrs a day, 8hrs a day on weekends).

Try to move your study area away from your entertainment area. At the moment my biggest problem is that my study area and entertainment area are exactly the same and this is a worry.

Study timetables are crap, they might give you direction but you can and will ignore it and just go "bah". It's easier if you just get used to doing stuff. Study smart though, you'll realise when you don't need to study and when you do.

simster4u

Originally posted by *girl04*
especially coz holidays r coming up u could get some work done then
Holidays... Studies...

Its like 2 different pieces of a jigsaw puzzle...
They dont seem to fit!

Argh... i feel so pathetic...

IRT Ziff:

Is it possible to study 4 hours a day AND do homework + revision..? *SIGH*

And are you currently doing your HSC??

IRT girl04:

Those voices in my head are very influencial... and pursuasive!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah i know. i always plan to study in the hols and it never happens but seriously even if u did like an hour of work everyday of the holidasy ( actually work work) it would add to 14 hours. imagine how much ya could get through if u did 2 hours a day

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by simster4u
Holidays... Studies...

Its like 2 different pieces of a jigsaw puzzle...
They dont seem to fit!

Argh... i feel so pathetic...

IRT Ziff:

Is it possible to study 4 hours a day AND do homework + revision..? *SIGH*

And are you currently doing your HSC??

IRT girl04:

Those voices in my head are very influencial... and pursuasive!
about the voices~ lol i had that problem awhile back and i talked to a teacher she gave me notes n stuff on it! hehe wait ill try dig em up and give u a quote
wait okayi cant find it but dont give in coz everytime u let the little voice win it wins!( hmmm k that doesnt sound quite rite) but u get the gist tyr be strong u need motavation to keep going and study

simster4u

Not even 2 hours a day (in the hols) will save me from the hsc...

Ok get off my arse and study.

Plain and simple...

Now... where to start...? LOL :mad1:

------------------

Motivation... hmmm... what could possible motivate the laziest person to lift a book and read it.

Rewards schemes dont really work.
I take things when i want it.
I'll go out and watch tv whenever i feel like.

THOSE DAMN VOICES!

voices ->:argue: ..:chainsaw: <-me

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
lol start by getting off the net, man
then pick a subject
open ur books
and highlight or read or write or do something~!~

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I tend to study between 10pm and 6am the day before the assessment. I am not the posterboy for study :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Movtivation is certainly something hard to find during times of the HSC. You are lucky to have such an inspirational tutor.

Remember this. It is April in a few days.

5 months till the HSC.

Why not make the best use of these last 5 months of your school days, and study hard and get into a course of your choice.

Giving up your career path just because you wanted to play just a little bit more games or watch a little bit more of your favourite TV show will come back and haunt you when you receive your results and they don't turn out good, and you'll be regretting having bludged through it.

You don't want to feel that.

5 months left...that is all...then enjoy the rest of your life thereafter.

At this stage 90+ UAI is still very much and easily achieveable if you put in the effort.

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
ya, im not exactly da one thats perfect either but that doesnt stop me from giving advice to others. i shall act upon my own advice one day .... maybe

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Movtivation is certainly something hard to find during times of the HSC. You are lucky to have such an inspirational tutor.

Remember this. It is April in a few days.

5 months till the HSC.

Why not make the best use of these last 5 months of your school days, and study hard and get into a course of your choice.

Giving up your career path just because you wanted to play just a little bit more games or watch a little bit more of your favourite TV show will come back and haunt you when you receive your results and they don't turn out good, and you'll be regretting having bludged through it.

You don't want to feel that.

5 months left...that is all...then enjoy the rest of your life thereafter.

At this stage 90+ UAI is still very much and easily achieveable if you put in the effort.
im like yeah and know. i wanna do teaching rite so im like i could stufy hard and get in the 90's but i dont neeeed to but i still try them im like sometimes why bother? i mean itz nearly the end of school shouldnt i just have fun? ( not just have fun but u know not completelyt go over the top)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I find that study timetables don't work very well. It will be broken within a week. But try to be consistent. Study everyday at the same time. e.g. 8:30pm - 10:30pm everynight.

Don't do like 5pm - 7pm, then day after 11pm - 12am, then day after that, 4pm - 6pm.

If you practice being consistent your body will adapt to those times and your ability to do an effective study session will be increased, because your body knows it's study time and you'd feel less drowsy/inattentive.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah i find the study timetables dont work either. although teachers seem to be for them all da time. coz say i timetable to study maths on mon. nite then get eng. homework its gets stuffed n broken ( the study timetable)

simster4u

ok i forgot something...
i dont know HOW to study.

i never have and its come back to haunt me now.

i come home and sit on my ass.
talk on the phone, watch stuff and play games.
eat then sleep. and multiply that by every day of the year.
except friday nights and weekends where i spend it outside drinking, smoking and/or chilling.

"homework? what homework?" was my attitude.

gosh~ -_-;
I want to turn a new leaf, go vice-versa, start a new sheet... whatever... but its so hard when bad habits are hard to kill...

HELLLLLLP !!

TT__TT

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah i know, i know. seriously it is so hard to be motvaited and study n stuff. u just got experiment with differnt ways and then when ya find something that clicks go for it ( is this making sense???)

simster4u

lol it does.
but right now i dont want to get off the net! hahaha -__-;

actually.
ok guys thanks for all the help.
its something i already knew but needed re-assurance.

go GUNG HO!
laters!~

HSC
the hsc is syllabus based, so obviously the best way to study is to learn exactly what the syllabus asks.
first, print off copies for each of your subjects.
secondly, get folders and paper.
start from scratch and write notes for each point. good, intelligent, concise and to-the-point notes.
anything you don't understand, ask your teachers about.

if you work through doing a few hours every night, and more on weekends, you'll find its not that difficult and you'll actually learn your shit.

also, you'll find that before exams, you have decent notes to read through rather than stressing and staying up until midnight.

thats just how i did it, it worked for me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)