is it true if u failed english, u will get lower than 50uai? (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You can't get a UAI without satisfactorily completing at least two units of English.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
If you mean fail as in getting less than 50% in it, you can still get a UAI of above 50, it relies of your top 10 units... so if you do well in your other subjects, you can possibly get better than a UAI of 50.

But as Laz says, if you didn't satisfactorily complete your 2 units of english as in not doing the required amount of assessments during the year, you cannot get a UAI.

psycho_mushy

HSC
just do well! that's my motto! well, I actually just made it up, but you get what I mean

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
no this is simply not true if u do well in other subjects like all bands 6 in 8 other units u still have potential for highish uai

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
nope if you get below fifty in English this does not automatically mean you get a below fifty UAI

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
it really depends on how you go in all your other subjects. if, hypothetically, you were to get 100 in ur other 8 units, and get below 50 in english, then u would still come out with a uai of above 90. but then again, that's pretty unlikely, but u see what i mean. everything is interdependent, plus, you never know what scaling can do. so...don't worry too much about it, and try to concentrate on doing well in ur other subjects. juz cos u screwed english, they're not gonna say this guy deserves only 50 uai or less. if u can get band 6 in 8 units, then u'd still be good for 80+ i'd say.

but then again, i agree with lexi, laz knows all :D:p

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Again, Laz knows all.
Well duh, we've got the dude who actually created the HSC lol.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Raiks
If you mean fail as in getting less than 50% in it, you can still get a UAI of above 50, it relies of your top 10 units... so if you do well in your other subjects, you can possibly get better than a UAI of 50.
but remember that 2 units of english MUST be counted, and only your best 8 units from other subjects.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hrm, even then. If your 2units of english get counted (which they will be - your best two units of english ALWAYS count), you wouldnt get below 50uai. Your other 8 units would pull you way up. But, you also have to realise that to fail in 2 unit english you prolly are pretty bad at essay writing, which you'll also need for most other subjects. hehehe, dont worry, no one is failing anything. The fact that anyone is worried they might fail is enough reason to think that they wont. I mean, your worried, right? So you prolly studied for it, but in your opinion you failed, cause your response didnt live up to YOUR expectations. Your expectations are prolly high cause you studied. hehehe, get my confuddled logic? (who am i adressing this post to anyway :S)

Dont mind me, sbhs logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)