Is it true my subject choices will bring down my ATAR?! (1 Viewer)

ADiBUTTON

HSC
I do the following subjects,,

Advanced English--

Legal Studies--

Ancient History--

Visual Arts--

Drama--

I've heard that because I'm doing Drama and Art and because these are seen as non academic subjects (bludge subjects) this will that bring my overall ATAR down. Please tell me this isn't true?! God I hope not... :(

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
well it won't "bring down your atar", but those subjects don't scale very well ... so in a way, you're "capped" :spzz:

Tofuu

HSC
as almost everyone here will say
it will not bring your overall ATAR down as long as you do well in your subjects

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I do the following subjects,,

Advanced English--

Legal Studies--

Ancient History--

Visual Arts--

Drama--

I've heard that because I'm doing Drama and Art and because these are seen as non academic subjects (bludge subjects) this will that bring my overall ATAR down. Please tell me this isn't true?! God I hope not... :(
Hi, if you swap drama for society and culture i did exactly the same subjects as you and i achieved 90+ without much trouble. So no, you will be fine, just try make sure you do reasonably well in everything (but then, this goes for most any subject combo!)

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I know someone who did similar subjects, including Visual Arts, and she ended up with a 95> ATAR.

Just do as well as you can; apply yourself to each of your subjects, even the ones considered a "bludge", and scaling will not matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)