Is it true that Standad English is harder to get a band 5 in? (1 Viewer)

arjun9194

HSC
N/A
Is it true that Standad English is harder to get a band 5 or 6 in? and why exactly.
Isnt Standard meant to be easier than advanced? Fully Explain please, and please try to keep all your responses real and not lie for the sake of it because my life can get stuffed (lol, im srs)

Thanks in advance

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Is it true that Standad English is harder to get a band 5 or 6 in? and why exactly.
Isnt Standard meant to be easier than advanced? Fully Explain please, and please try to keep all your responses real and not lie for the sake of it because my life can get stuffed (lol, im srs)

Thanks in advance
Yes it is harder.

It's precisely because it's easier that getting a Band 6 is so much harder. You see, your raw mark gets aligned into bands based on your relative rank across the state. This is basically top xxx people get Band 6, next xxxx people get Band 5, and so on. The marks are distributed evenly amongst this. For standard, because it is assumed to be easier, therefore to get a Band 6 and benefit from the same scaling an Advanced kid would have the Standard kid has to score higher in his exam. In effect you need a much higher mark in Standard to get the same Band 6 you would in Advanced because Standard is easier (hence getting a high mark is easier etc.).

IN YOUR HSC YOU DONT SEE YOUR RAW MARK. IN STANDARD YOUR RAW MARK MAY BE HIGHER THAN IN ADVANCED BUT IT WILL END UP LOWER SIMPLY BECAUSE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE EASIER SO A 95/100 IN STANDARD IS SUPPOSED TO ONLY BE EQUIVALENT TO AN 85/100 IN ADVANCED SO THE TWO GET ADJUSTED ACCORDINGLY TO THE SAME MARK

So yes getting Band 6 in Standard is harder, since only the top 30-50 in the state get it. In Advanced, it's the top 1200.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
it is harder. that is why you should do advanced, even if you are abysmal in English!

Misyndo

HSC
tell all that to "Misyndo", who happens to think that a band 6 in standard is easier to achieve than one in advanced

http://community.boredofstudies.org/851/general-discussion-2010-hsc/244113/band-6-a/3.html

the fukwit was convinced he was correct..
I don't think I can make it any more obvious that you have been trolled.
You "fuckwit". Go help society by smashing your head against the wall because your intellectual capacity is clearly insufficient to adapt to society's current conditions even after having been told that I was trolling; you continue to smother yourself with self-praise on how you are almighty. Are you limited by some imaginary barrier in which you cannot comprehend such a simple meaning you 'advanced' student. Or is it the fact that you loathe me so much over an internet debate that you cannot accept the harsh, cruel reaity I presented to you in contrast to the caring environment you have been raised up in by your parents? In which case it would be deemed appropriate to brand you a 'crybaby and that you'll need to 'MAN THE FUCK UP'.

I cannot quite fathom the situation for which you cannot understand this unless you truly are a FUCKWIT.

How does it feel? To be mercilessly stomped upon by a standard student who you so pridefully look down upon? To be crushed upon insults for which you brought forth?
Why don't you just give up and die.

Tl;dr
Stop crying you big baby.

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
*BLAH* *BLAH* *BLAH* *BLAH*

Tl;dr
Stop crying you big baby.
wow.. the irony

so you admit you were trolling? your posts were nothing more than a piss-take?

okay, that's all i need to know. Still.. you continue to contradict yourself as pointed out by various posters in the other thread.

Nice to know you've lost and have accepted defeat

okay.

you've since edited your post twice.. further substantiating yourself as a cry baby... wow

Misyndo

HSC
wow.. the irony

so you admit you were trolling? your posts were nothing more than a piss-take?

okay, that's all i need to know. Still.. you continue to contradict yourself as pointed out by various posters in the other thread.

Nice to know you've lost and have accepted defeat

okay.

you've since edited your post twice.. further substantiating yourself as a cry baby... wow
>Implying that editing post is an argument or is a sign of being a cry baby.
>Implying that I haven't said I was trolling MULTIPLE times throughout the thread.
>Implying that you're not contradicting yourself right now.

And yes, I'm crying over the IRONY of how you an 'advanced' student cannot understand my posts when I've repeated multiple times that I've been trolling.

PS. I'm still better thEn you even with Advanced English and will get a higher ATAR thEn you.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
multiple times ay?

i quoted every one of your posts..

>Implying my 'grammatical deficiencies' and 'improper sentences' on an ONLINE FORUM (BOS) is an indicator of my writing skill for exams.
>Implying everyone uses perfect grammar in everyday conversation (i.e. EVERYDAY LANGUAGE).
>Implying everyone on BOS must adhere to perfect grammar as if they're typing formal essays, otherwise it'd be an abhorrence.
>Implying you know that I DIFEINETLI won't have a better chance for getting a B6.
>Implying.
But I'm clearly 10 and of course I would be immature to the rest of you old grown up HSC students who are 17/18s. How is this adding any relevance to English.

Please quote me as to where upon I pointed out YOUR grammatical error as I can't be bothered finding it as it may or may not exist/do not recall it happening.

>Does not realise how it's also irrational to also assume that I can't get B6 in Std not knowing my capabilities and calibre upon the subject only basing it on "15 students" getting it.
>Hypocrite.

Gj!
Clearly you go to a shit school.
Top 50 school.
Top 10/160 (average out of my subjects together).
dawwwwwwwww is someone mad?
Don't bash me with your mad lifting skills brah.
Have you achieved dinosaur mode with Rippetoe yet?

I don't think you realise the fact that as it is an online forum I would not be typing with complete perfect grammatical sense. That is, I did not bother to re-read my sentence to fix then/than as I was not bothered to for an online forum. i.e. I just wrote what I had in my head as b00m and many others clearly understood the message apart from the 'important' use of then/than(/and).

Grammatical deficiencies on an online forum of which I lack any self-control and time to check/edit/read my posts after they've been typed are DIFENIENTLY a COMPLETE indicator of my essay writing skills.

I think I've trolled enough.
PS. I'm still better thEn you. U mad?
Oh the irony.
This whole debate started because I was being all awesome and rubbing it into other people's faces of how I would get better marks.
As whatshisface would say, "HYPOCRISY!!".
try ONCE

great. You also can't count

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
>Implying that I haven't said I was trolling MULTIPLE times throughout the thread.

And yes, I'm crying over the IRONY of how you an 'advanced' student cannot understand my posts when I've repeated multiple times that I've been trolling.

PS. I'm still better thEn you even with Advanced English and will get a higher ATAR thEn you.
yer, okay.

and that makes you awesome

okay.

jasonn

HSC

haha this justifies my initial perceptions of you as being SOCIALLY AWKWARD... and yes you are better than us because of your higher ATAR, and therefore will prosper in life whilst we live on the doll.. yeah, good one.

Schoey93

HSC

Thanks in advance
It is more difficult to get a Band 6 in Standard English. That's because if you do 'standad english' you can't spell and get low marks. Kidding! I'm sure you'll do great (maybe).

Schoey93

HSC

ThAn! The word is thAn! T-H-A-N! Then is a connective, like 'and' or 'next'. We use THAN to make comparisons. It's quite ironic given that you're purporting to be a good student of Advanced English...

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
also, my ATAR aim is 99.35.

Therefore i can construe that i am a more intelligent and capable student.

kay.

Misyndo

HSC
multiple times ay?

i quoted every one of your posts..

try ONCE

great. You also can't count
inc pics, that'll be three times, indeed if you hadn't realise those pics were trolling then that's acceptable. it'll be once as you said as i can't be bothered looking for them myself.

however, are you saying that i NEED to tell you that im trolling for it to be obvious?

also, my ATAR aim is 99.35.

Therefore i can construe that i am a more intelligent and capable student.

kay.
My ATAR aim is now 99.95. What is your point? Since you are so batshit on scaling/B6 and what not; I deduce that my subjects will give me a higher ATAR then yours.

ThAn! The word is thAn! T-H-A-N! Then is a connective, like 'and' or 'next'. We use THAN to make comparisons. It's quite ironic given that you're purporting to be a good student of Advanced English...

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
My ATAR aim is now 99.95. What is your point? Since you are so batshit on scaling/B6 and what not; I deduce that my subjects will give me a higher ATAR then yours.
Since you are still unable to delineate between "then" and "than"...

nvm, you're as dumb as bat shit.. arguing with you would be akin to debating with a brick wall

and don't dare say you wrote that purposefully.. a mockery of yourself.. AGAIN

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
inc pics, that'll be three times, indeed if you hadn't realise those pics were trolling then that's acceptable. it'll be once as you said as i can't be bothered looking for them myself.

however, are you saying that i NEED to tell you that im trolling for it to be obvious?
wait.. another contradiction. What point are you trying to make, you can't possibly imply both. Is it acceptable as you first explicated, or not?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

arjun9194

HSC
N/A
So all of you guys are overall saying that it is harder to get band 5 or 6 in Standard because its easy and they wont let you get away with so much marks. Right?

but say in case, for some reason i do standard and sayy get high band4 or low band5, but i do really good in all the rest can i get an ATAR of 88 atleast?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)