Is it true that the ( arts degree = 0 ) (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I think someone might have an arts degree, and is trying to convince themselves that the last 3-4 years of their life wasn't a complete waste.

Like, I bet you've got heaps of topics to bring up whilst scanning someones groceries.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Yeah. I'm sure people who have just spent years at uni and have accumulated a massive HECS debt really want to be working at McDonald's after they've finished.

Also, citation needed for like, 99% of that dribble you just spat.
Your view of the world confuses me. Have you NEVER once met anyone who studies what they want to study or works where ever the hell they want to work?? Some people want to study arts. Maybe they want to study english, maybe they want to be teachers or work in museums, I dunno but they choose arts for a reason. If anyones dribbling it's you since you seem narrow minded enough to slam a degree you don't seem to understand.

P.S. I like how you cruise around in the arts forum bitching about how shit it is when you're not even interested in it and study science. Maybe you should talk to people who have the same interests in you instead of wasting time here trying to sound smart and trying to make whatever statement it is you want to make.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I never said that they were going to work in a pub after, if you really think that you can't get a job that pays by doing an arts degree your pretty naive. I'm not talking big bucks straight away once you hit the working world. If you want that then of course you should be studying IT or Econ or what ever.

Fact is, if you have a degree no matter what it is, your chances of better employment are decently raised, it may not necessarily skyrocket, but you'll have a better chance than the guy who only finished High School.
the person who finished high school in year 10 or whatever has probably accumulated vast wealth and experience in his or her chosen field while you've been studying sociology.

so i believe that conclusion is questionable.

I, on the other hand, will be uber-employable with my degree in english/philosophy

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
the person who finished high school in year 10 or whatever has probably accumulated vast wealth and experience in his or her chosen field while you've been studying sociology.

so i believe that conclusion is questionable.

I, on the other hand, will be uber-employable with my degree in english/philosophy
i thought you were a sciencetist man nebs wot the eff

but seriously, dont even bother going to uni if you arent going to be an
-engineer
-doctor/nurse
-sciencetist

i cant think of any others

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
There is no capitalisation in my name.

Clearly English was not your major.
Wow you got me, I capitalised when I shouldn't have, making you seem more important than you really are. My bad.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
shhh sickle is going to post boobs for rep

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
oic republicans are dumb and democrats are most likely not to know what they believe in hehe

furthermore suck on this

ascentyx

HSC
See, if we were doing Arts degrees, we wouldn't even know how to read graphs.
Can you stop talking shit about arts degrees. Most people use them as a platform to get into the course they really want to be in at uni, by attaining the appropiate gpa and whatever. Anyways say you did an arts degree but chose all subjects that were relevant to where you wanted to work in the future, who's to say they aren't going to hire you assuming you ace the interviews and get good marks in the relevant subjects.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Can you stop talking shit about arts degrees. Most people use them as a platform to get into the course they really want to be in at uni, by attaining the appropiate gpa and whatever. Anyways say you did an arts degree but chose all subjects that were relevant to where you wanted to work in the future, who's to say they aren't going to hire you assuming you ace the interviews and get good marks in the relevant subjects.
See! You're just reaffirming everything we've been saying.

An Arts degree = 0. It's merely a platform for those too useless to have gotten into what they wanted to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)