Is it true? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i am debating whether or not to drop maths.
is it true that you needs maths to get into any university?

EPHS '09

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think so. You won't really need maths for something like journalism.

ratcher0071

HSC
I have 2 opinions:

1) I think you need to know some level of maths. :eek:

2) Depends on the course. :confused:

blackglitter

HSC
ser.en.dip.i.ty said:

EPHS '09
No, I'm pretty sure you don't. Double check your preferred course entry requirements - some of them recommend maths but most likely you don't NEED it to get into any university

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Yeah, most courses have Maths as a recommendation i think...but i spose you could always do bridgeing courses if you needed to..

HSC
most courses don't list maths as a prerequisite but it is recommended for most courses and it would probably come in handy - depends what you want to do

HSC
Most university courses that require Mathematics (Not General) have it as Assumed Knowledge, few courses have it as a prerequisite and are only for maths heavy courses - Actuary etc.

Also, some Business/Commerce courses have Mathematics as Assumed Knowledge, but most of them really don't involve any level of maths higher than General maths.

SimonLee13

HSC
There are some courses which recommend advanced mathematics but there are none besides maybe actuarial studies which strictly require adv. maths.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ser.en.dip.i.ty said:

EPHS '09
lol, of course not, it depends what course you want to do.

madisonelise

HSC
I think english is the prerequisite for most subjects. Although it depends on the subject. But, i would say keep maths because it is useful in everyday life

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No, although, for Engineering, most courses require MX1.

Dragna

HSC
It really depends on the course you want to do. if ur wannna do science medicine IT education etc u will but if ur going for something in art or something like that you wont need it

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
hmm, it depends which course you aspire to do in university. I suggest you check out the UAC guide for any listed pre-requistes or assumed knowledge for the courses you wanan do at uni.

As for doing maths... if you like it then do it, if you have a mathematical mind do it (will scale well towards your uai), if you need it for university then do it.

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
hmm, it depends which course you aspire to do in university. I suggest you check out the UAC guide for any listed pre-requistes or assumed knowledge for the courses you wanan do at uni.

As for doing maths... if you like it then do it, if you have a mathematical mind do it (will scale well towards your uai), if you need it for university then do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)