Is it wise to plan responses during your writing time? (1 Viewer)

triviajeon

HSC
Or just get straight into the action? :chainsaw2:

(Was asking because I'm bit scared that it'll end up being a waste of time???)

TheShy

HSC
Usually I'd have a topic sentence in mind from reading time, but after writing that topic sentence down, it wouldn't be bad to spend 1 or 2 mins quickly planning. I reccomend doing a timed paper for the reading questions and see what works best, even if theres only a day lmao

purplekev

HSC
i reckon it'll be worth it to plan a little (like in dot points quickly) because having a framework to fall back on is probably safer than rambling about something and forgetting to answer the question

icycledough

HSC
I'd also add that for Paper 1 short answer questions, I'm sure you will do this, but try not to just read the texts for the sake of it. I know you can't have anything in your hands, but make a mental cue of any techniques you find, what the texts are about, and maybe what style/perspective the texts are in. Because there are all things you want to be including in your answer.

Porogamiii

HSC
Yes because it adds an extra page to your essay in like 1min. Just scribble some stuff down all over the page then start your essay on the next. Just don't flip your page too loudly 8mins into the exam so you don't scare your classmates into panicking as that only hurts your mark. :spin:

triviajeon

HSC
Yes because it adds an extra page to your essay in like 1min. Just scribble some stuff down all over the page then start your essay on the next. Just don't flip your page too loudly 8mins into the exam so you don't scare your classmates into panicking as that only hurts your mark. :spin:
Haha can you not write in the booklet they give the question in?

Porogamiii

HSC
Haha can you not write in the booklet they give the question in?
I think you can though it doesn't get scanned. If you plan in the writing booklet it can help the marker get a sense of your argument briefly + extends your response by a page making it seem longer.

icycledough

HSC
I think you can though it doesn't get scanned. If you plan in the writing booklet it can help the marker get a sense of your argument briefly + extends your response by a page making it seem longer.
I'm not too sure if the marker will look at your plan or not. After all, the 20 marks is solely for the essay. Whether you plan or don't plan or even draw a picture (extreme example), I'm pretty sure they only mark the essay while discounting the plan (unless someone else has other information on this)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)