is it worth doing a language course as part of gen ed? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hi there!

i searched and couldnt see any threads where this was discussed, so i thought id start this one.

most of the gen ed courses look pretty crap, so i was thinking of doing the introductory chinese course

(i am not asian, and have never done any chinese before)

is it worth the effort or am i just creating an unnecessary burden? has anyone else done a language gen ed and how did they find it?

thanks!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
What do you mean is it worth the effort? Do you mean how much you'll speak at the end? Do you mean will it be fun?

But the Chinese gened course seems slightly fast paced from what I've heard, if you aren't right into it.

HSC
if you don't want to put in any effort in gen-ed, check out the online web based gen-eds.. some pretty interesting subjects there.

i did first year french last year. it was easy going but yea, still required effort like any other subjects

MikiRei

HSC
My friend says the Chinese gen ed is crap.

As for me, I did "Working with Jewelry" and is hoping to do Music Technology next year. My two other gen ed, I traded for Japanese 4A. My two other free electives were also Japanese.

If you want to do Chinese, suggest you trade two of your Gen Eds for the ACTUAL Chinese course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)