• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it worth doing a past trial paper if you don't have the solutions as well? (2 Viewers)

deswa1

HSC
No- considering that there are hundreds of trials with solutions- this is kinda pointless because you won't know if you made sillies or whatever. Sure you'll still benefit but you'd benefit more if you had solutions.

Alkanes

HSC
Well maybe you could do the simple ones like integration and some complex numbers without solutions :p. But yes why bother when there are other papers with solutions which can help you out if you're stuck.

math man

HSC
N/A
You should as it may contain some types of questions who have never seen before, so you get a chance to have a think about them now before
possibly seeing them in the hsc, and if you have no idea you can always ask the forum

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
let me rephrase your question

suppose you are sitting your hsc exam

is there any point in doing any question at all, since you don't have complete worked solutions you can cheat from?

deswa1

HSC

is there any point in doing any question at all, since you don't have complete worked solutions you can cheat from?
No but this is different. Like obviously you benefit from any question but I'm saying you benefit more if you can mark your work and check your score. Its possible that you thought you did everything right but you missed something when graphing or whatever. Without answers, you wouldn't have picked that up.

D94

HSC
N/A

Who said anything about cheating? How are you going to mark your work at the end? You might have issues with a question, so you're going to learn how to do it by looking at the solutions after you've attempted the paper in exam-like conditions.

However, for the OP, there are a few questions which you can plug into Wolfram. Others, you can ask here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)