Is it worth it being friends after a breakup? (1 Viewer)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Personally, I wanted to be friends with my ex but after her unwillingness to give me a chance to clear things up, I don't care anymore. I realise now that it's just better that I forget about her completely and simply move on.

What do you guys think?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
tha shit calleR said:
fuck it just accept its never gonna be the same and move on

short answer: no, its not worth being friends
Appreciate the response. Btw, my question is meant to be in regard to everyone else and what they've experienced.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
tallkid34 said:
Personally, I wanted to be friends with my ex but after her unwillingness to give me a chance to clear things up, I don't care anymore. I realise now that it's just better that I forget about her completely and simply move on.

What do you guys think?
Depends on the situation, I didn't think I'd want to be friends with my ex after the shit, but we're back to being good friends and neither of us have any intention of hooking up :)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
depends. some guys are bad lovers, but good friends.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
FireFlower said:
It probably depends on why/how it ended. Even if you can't be friends, I think its good to be civil to your exs - theres no point being nasty once its all over.
Even hatred dies down after a bit of time, after that its just the choice of the other party of whether they want to reinitiate contact or not.

sl3epyAZN

HSC
Its Pretty hard being friends.My Ex and i broke up and then rings me after 6 month as friends. But it makes life too complicated as she keeps reminding me about what we had and shit when im trying to move on etc. I think its better to go separate ways even though i still occasionally talk to her on msn not anymore on mobile as i changed number and didn't inform that to her. But yet again some still are friends with their ex but in my opinion is a little hard. Some think they can be 2gether again after a breakup and thats the reason they are stil friends. Cant let go of the past.Those types..

テリー

HSC
For me it depends on the way we broke up
Say if it was jst a lil fight thats easy to get over, its worth being friends i guess
if it was some huge arguement and that she lied to u nd such, then nah its not worth it, who knows if shes gona lie more?
and the last is if u cant get over her, stay away from her for ur own sake

Davriel

HSC
N/A
There are several ways you can end a relationship including (but not limited to):

1) Break-up and treat each other with respect. (Healthy).
2) Break-up and try to be friends. (Healthy, but may not work in all cases)
3) Break-up and treat ex with indifference. (Relatively healthy)
4) Break-up and move on. (Relatively healthy).
5) Break-up and hate the ex. (Unhealthy, no matter what).

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
It really depends.

Most of my exes, no, not friends. One of them happens to be my best friend in the universe though, so *shrugs*.

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
tallkid34 said:

What do you guys think?

She's trying to be rid of you, yes,
but without herself feeling guilty about it.

Be well out of it, and move on.

.:BL4D3:.

HSC
Wel I tried, failed, Screw it. Not worth it anyway. Just block her on MSN and she's outta your life

Redgoddess

HSC
I think if the circumstances are right you can be friends, i'm friends with both my exes, one i'm heaps close to and i'd count as one of the few ppl i completely trust and would do anything for, the other's just someone i catch up with every once in a while to talk about stuff with - she's awesome though, we still click when we're together and we really get each other, so...it can work. but if it's just fucking you over, either take a time out period or dont bother with it.

Season

HSC
I'm not sure about you guys but my old relationships tended to end with a massive fight... where we call each other all sorts of creative names that would make english teachers everywhere give us points for creative language.

So usually after any relationship, it takes months to be able to look at each other and not think.... 'how shall i kill him that fucking bastard'.

There is this one guy who our friendship is basically a competition on finding new insults for each other, you know I think i like him more now that I can hate him, keeps me on my toes.

Friends require too much effort I think, its just too messy.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well my last words to my first boyfriend, over sms mind, were "YOU FUCKING BASTARD", haven't spoken since (the cheating bastard).

The second boyfriend..well.. we haven't spoken since either.

Maybe not "healthy", but hey, I don;t lose sleep over it.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
.:BL4D3:. said:
Wel I tried, failed, Screw it. Not worth it anyway. Just block her on MSN and she's outta your life

lol. how is that possible if you see them everyday? :\

dodgyfilokid

HSC
It depends really..if the breakup was a clean one and it was mutually agreed upon (in my case) then sure you could be mates with your ex..if it was a breakup that got u hurt but got over eventually then same thing friendship can exist BUT if it was a nasty one dont be so ridiculous and try and salvage a friendship out of it..personally im good mates with my ex, not to the same point before we went out but good enough to maintain the peace

cupcake08

HSC
dodgyfilokid said:
It depends really..if the breakup was a clean one and it was mutually agreed upon (in my case) then sure you could be mates with your ex..if it was a breakup that got u hurt but got over eventually then same thing friendship can exist BUT if it was a nasty one dont be so ridiculous and try and salvage a friendship out of it..personally im good mates with my ex, not to the same point before we went out but good enough to maintain the peace
hmmm my last breakup was 'clean' we haven't really managed to stay friends at all.

the best way for you both to get over it is just avoid each other. sad but true :( usually its just one person trying to hook up again anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)