Is it worth keeping maths extension 1? (1 Viewer)

EricTsunami

HSC
I recently got my first ex1 test results back and got a 28/50, placing 4/6 in my class. I honestly think I could improve the mark to around 70% but was just wondering if it was worth keeping math ex1 as a friend's tutor said it would be more worthwhile dropping to something like SLR so I'd be able to focus on advanced if I don't think I would do too well. Was also wondering if keeping just for year 11 would be worthwhile for early entries as I was thinking of entering finance for uni

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Try to find out why you were not doing better? What areas were you having difficulties in your MX1; can you do better with more effort?

Put in extra effort and learn from any "mistakes" you may have made in your 1st test. Now see how you go in your next test and see how you go, before deciding on dropping your MX1.

Last edited:

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Year 11 is only just the start - think of it as a serious trial run. Speaking from personal experience, I have seen many people who are now topping extension 1 after doing quite poorly in year 11 3u. As long as you back yourself, you will get there. Just focus on your weaknesses as @Drongoski said.

HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 is only just the start - think of it as a serious trial run. Speaking from personal experience, I have seen many people who are now topping extension 1 after doing quite poorly in year 11 3u. As long as you back yourself, you will get there. Just focus on your weaknesses as @Drongoski said.
love that personal anecdote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)