Is Law hard? (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
well im currently doing B Comm at MQU and i am most likely going to transfer to UNSW B Comm on a credit transfer. I was filling my UAC application showed it to my dad, nek minnit y dont u do law? Well tbh i never thought about doing law, ive always wanted to become an accountant but then i thought having a law degree as extra polish wouldnt look too bad either. So is law hard? Keep in mind i have no law knowledge at all, and dont like writing essays that much. Keep in mind it is a mere thought at the moment, im not going to cry if its out of my reach. thanks

Blackman 50 cent

HSC
I heared it is very hard, alot of essays and lot of key terms to remember! My sister is currently doing law/commerce at Sydney university, she got 99.95 Atar. She says most people say it is very hard and competitive at Sydney university and UNSW. So if your not interested there is no point applying because even if you get in, you have to write essays and all the extra crap.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on how your mind is geared.

If I was to look at a swathe of degrees and I ranked them by difficulty, I would probably put Law in the lower half of that list on the basis of my own academic strengths. Yours might be different so that list could differ.

If you don't like writing essays and the underlying procedures which you would follow when composing one, then I would say you're already at a disadvantage.

Perhaps have a look here?

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=308864

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
its probably best to make sure you definitely want to do it...

If you are half hearted and half minded, your work will be half hearted and half minded; with this said, chances are you will fail...

It is not hard, however, it can be taxing at times... it has its moments... If you don't like essay writing, chances are, you wont like law... however, things change, you may grow a really big liking to it... I'm not one to judge, I personally don't know you and don't know how well you would do or whether you would like it...

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Chances are, it'll seem difficult at first and the amount of content and such is daunting.

If you don't like essays, then maybe that's an early indicator that law might not be for you.

enoilgam

HSC
I did first year and second year units and I have to say I found it to be pretty tough. If you have the aptitude and put in the work it's managable, but it is challenging. Compared to Commerce though, I have to say Law is in another league in the difficulty department.

lawstu

HSC
well im currently doing B Comm at MQU and i am most likely going to transfer to UNSW B Comm on a credit transfer. I was filling my UAC application showed it to my dad, nek minnit y dont u do law? Well tbh i never thought about doing law, ive always wanted to become an accountant but then i thought having a law degree as extra polish wouldnt look too bad either. So is law hard? Keep in mind i have no law knowledge at all, and dont like writing essays that much. Keep in mind it is a mere thought at the moment, im not going to cry if its out of my reach. thanks
There are a select few who are supposed to do law and can only do law. The rest struggle but eventually graduate and may even practise in the law. Some graduate but end up totally screwed anyway. Some flunk out. Others leave on their own accord and contribute to society in other ways.

Other than testimonials given here and whatever you can find on the web or from friends or whatever, if you think law is boring as shit or can't do it, stay away. Most of it's boring as all hell for the vast majority of people. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar or one of those freaky people or a born-lawyer.
I did first year and second year units and I have to say I found it to be pretty tough. If you have the aptitude and put in the work it's managable, but it is challenging. Compared to Commerce though, I have to say Law is in another league in the difficulty department.
Yeah. Totally different ballpark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)