Is life a journey? (1 Viewer)

H

housemouse

For some reason, my teachers at school dont understand the sort of creative writing ive been writing, you know in homework and the trials and they keep saying Im forgetting about the journey motif.
And in my last 3 pieces, ive wrote about someone's life. Isnt that a journey? How they go through changes in their life and they somehow struggle through it?

A l

HSC
N/A
Perhaps you didn't make direct references to indicate this life was a journey. (e.g. obstacles, challenges, learning etc) Anyone can write about someone's life and call it a journey. You probably need to be more explicit and specific instead of saying here is someone's life and expect markers to know that you are referring to this life as a journey. Try to be a lot clearer in expressing the concept of the journey rather than expect the marker to find it implied. You must demonstrate clear understanding of the journey concept.
Keep in mind, that the markers assess your writing rather quickly so they would not have the time to make an in depth analysis of your composition and find that subtle deeper meaning. It's best to make it clear and explicit so it can be easily detected by the marker. If I were you, I'd probably steer clear of life stories because I doubt markers could detect the subtle reference to a journey when quickly marking through exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)