Is Modern History YOUR fav subject? (1 Viewer)

What's your fav subject?

• Modern History

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Ancient History

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • History Extension

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters

malayz_angel

Well my Modern teacher isn't too bad and I'm doing pretty well in the subject. But for some reason...I still don't find it very interesting. I definitely prefer Ancient and Extension to Modern (yes I'm a hopeless history geek, I do all three :D )

What do you all reckon? Is World War One infinitely more interesting than any other subject?

malayz_angel

English actually used to be my fave subject but then my teacher left and that totally changed my perspective. I still enjoy English but I hate the way that the new teacher teaches it. Now, it's a tie between Ancient History (the subject makes up for the boring teacher) and history extension (interesting teacher, get to eat during class, cool major project...once I start, that is.)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
definitely a tie between modern and economics.. im probly better at eco, get better assessment marks and i kno more about it, but content in modern is way more interesting.. tough choice

Mike85

I do all three, and though I can do them all, I despise ancient!!! Modern is by far the best. History Ext used to be my fav, but that has changed... Modern is so much more interesting, and you don't have to guess everything!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I enjoy Modern, I loved WWI, Germany was alright & the Cold War is interesting. It is my fave subject.

rolz

Mod History is so much better than extension and english. Extension was interesting but we were so far behind and i couldnt decide what to t\do my major work on therefore i dropped it. I loved WW1 + Germany but we have only just started indochina. Is it just me or is almost everthing in modern about war?
Anyways that dosn't worry me coz all that stuff just sticks in my head i cant get it out. For example the schieffen plan was so cool and i can tell u everything about it from both wars.

Yami

Ancient is my clear favourite, with Modern and Extension tied for second place. Yes, I am a history freak that does all 3...

Yami

Yeah, well I actually enjoy all forms of history (and the study of history, if you count Extension History). In fact, if I get into university I'll probably go for an ancient/medieval history course, to go with an IT course as well.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Mike85
I do all three, and though I can do them all, I despise ancient!!! Modern is by far the best. History Ext used to be my fav, but that has changed... Modern is so much more interesting, and you don't have to guess everything!
i am completely the same!! although i dont do history extension, which i wish i had done. even though i am doing pretty well in ancient, 2nd/80something, i HATE it fiercely! it feels like doing 2 unit fucking fairy tales, especially with topics like the minoans where essentially there is hardly any evidence for the stuff we are supposed to be writing about.

seriously though, ancient is too much work and it isn't even interesting.. modern is more relevant to me

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
..I only do Modern, and the enthusiasum I once had for it has disapeared.

Use to do extension, and enjoyed it for a while, I was doing OK at it as well. LOL - I guess you do it too much and you turn on it ;)

Never liked ancient, like Spin said - bunch of fairytales. I don't do either ;)

malayz_angel

Ancient's not a bunch of fairytales, its just that we get to draw our own conclusions from the little info we have...unless u have a postmodern way of thinking, its pretty cool..

malayz_angel

If u think that there's no point in trying to interpret sources because language has changed and no one can ever truly figure out what the person intended to say.

Paisley

Banned
I like Extension... mainly cos I have a good teacher and I have had to put in very little effort to get good marks... ahehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)