Is Music To Blame?? (1 Viewer)

rachiebub

HSC
do you think that music of any genre is to be blamed for individuals actions? if so.. please state what genre and why!!!! thanks...

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Metal causes violence, for sure. Jesus said so himself when his puny Jew ass was nailed to the cross.

Sorry, just wanted to get in before anyone suggested it. We can just Rofl at the bitchy naive Christian scum who claims Heavy Metal brings forth violence.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Pokemon?
With The Poke- And The Mon! And The Poke- And The Mon! And The Rah Rah Rah!

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
You see, jazz is like a Jello Pudding Pop. No! Actually, it's more like Kodak film. No! Actually, jazz is like the New Coke, it'll be around forever. Heh, heh, heh.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
I believe that Wolfmother is to blame for the sharp increase in afros.

Also Mars Volta.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC

(stolen from melimoo's myspace)

Last edited:

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
Nah, I don't think so. I don't see anything inherent in music itself that can cause people to behave a certain way. Lyrics, sure. But that's independent of genre.

daledugahole

HSC
Music can influence people but in the end it's the persons decision. Any multimedia medium can be blamed for any number of things.

This reminds me of Bowling for Columbine where the shootings were said to be attributed to the shooters listening to Marilyn Manson. The funny thing was Marilyn Manson was propably the person who made the most sense in the doco, much more so than any of the politicians interviewed.

0Jade0

HSC
daledugahole said:
This reminds me of Bowling for Columbine where the shootings were said to be attributed to the shooters listening to Marilyn Manson. The funny thing was Marilyn Manson was propably the person who made the most sense in the doco, much more so than any of the politicians interviewed.
And they didn't even listen to MM. They listened to KMFDM & Rammstein. But since the American public don't know who these bands are they blame MM because he is so 'scary' looking.

In the 50's it was Elvis corrupting the children Oh noes run children it's Elvis! (but at one stage there he could have eaten them...)

BlackDragon

HSC
no. music is not the cause of individual actions. it is just that some types of people are attracted to the culture that some music genres have around them. such as, heavy metal. hence, people associate the music with the person. which is bullshit. the person goes to the music.

gnil89enela

HSC
Music?! NO! They're innocent!

Not really, depending on the lyrics.

It really depends on the creator...If the creator delivers the music nice, then it's nice

If they suck...yea u know the rest...

but the music is not to be placed burden on....

BlackDragon

HSC
Re: Music?! NO! They're innocent!

lol..if a person makes 'evil' lyrics it doesn't make people go out and do bad stuff. its people who are already prone to do bad stuff and are doing bad stuff that flock to music with such lyrics.

0Jade0

HSC

^ Exactly. I don't listen to 'nice' music. I haven't killed anyone to date.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC

fairly sure winston mccall and parkway drive have led to a severe increase in subscribers to straight edge

yy

HSC
N/A

I'd love to say RnB cause violence or hardstyle makes people want to sniff coke.

But no, it's all individual responsibility. *but it tells me to "put coke in my nose" and to "dance on cocaine, LSD and XTC"!*

EDIT: oh, btw, i've never done coke even though i love hardstyle, and i hate RnB

Last edited:

daledugahole

HSC
Hmm see I think the music influence what people wear only refers to sheep.

If you looked at me you'd have no idea what music I am in to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)