Is my ATAR being dragged down? (1 Viewer)

doublecurry

HSC
I understand that your ATAR is based off a lot of factors, including your ranking and how well your overall grade does in each exam.
I saw my classmate literally sleep through the English exam last week, and it made me wonder how much that would affect everyone else's mark for it (assuming she gets a very low mark for English). Would one person getting little to no marks affect everyone else's ATAR by a lot?

Thanks.

theodore0307

HSC
Don't worry about it. You can't change anything even if it does affect you.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on your ranking. If your close to the top, you won't. I really don't know the process but that is how it was explained to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBMD

HSC
Your marks will only get dragged down by people if you are ranked below them in that subject.

doublecurry

HSC
Depends on your ranking. If your close to the top, you won't. I really don't know the process but that is how it was explained to me.
I'm somewhere right around the middle, plus I'm doing standard.. English isn't my best subject really :L

I'm more interested in how much of an effect it will have on my ATAR - would it make a big difference?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I'm somewhere right around the middle, plus I'm doing standard.. English isn't my best subject really :L

I'm more interested in how much of an effect it will have on my ATAR - would it make a big difference?
yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)