• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is my writing illegible? (1 Viewer)

N

ND

Originally posted by Beaky
I use a computer, hell my writing is heaps better than that... But i have a "medical condition", forgot what its called, so i can type...heheh typing is alright i guess.. im trying to get my typing up to 60wpm
Do you have some kind of word limit when you use the computer?

beemo5678

i have shitty handwriting too, but they'll work it out, and if we piss them off because of it, and loose a few marks then we deserve to loose the marks, because it means we have missed out on a vital part of our education, don't sue the board sue your third grade teacher for making you slant your letters and join only lowercase letters with two finger gaps between each word...Damn you Miss Elbourne, DAMN YOU!!!

(But seriously, we just have to do our best and hope they can work it out, if we are legibly?? challenged then it was passed down by god, if i believed in him which i don't which brings me back to miss elbourne!!!)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
my writing was messier I recall - cept I wrote a bit bigger so I guess it comprimised.

I could read most of that first go ND, and don't worry, since papers are usually double marked anyway

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol my writing is similar to yours...
im a maths person, i don't write words! i can write greek symbols clearer than words :(

i can't help it and i ain't gonna write any slower cause i have to write over 1000 words in 40min too!

in my trails my teacher gave me this comment: "a well developed essay, but your hand writing disadvantages you" i ask her what she means, and she said she had to read it a couple of times, some of the words were missing letters and she couldn't exactly tell what some of the words were

arrr and i can't do anything about it since i have been writing like this since years ago!!

Dangar

Originally posted by redslert
some of the words were missing letters and she couldn't exactly tell what some of the words were
well i always forget to go back and cross my t's and dot my i's cos im in such a hurry but i reckon that they can figure it out with a bit of brainpower and they must have read millions already so they just get the general gist of the sentence and unless they're spiteful hopefully they won't mind a few words which don't seem quite right...

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
try leaving a line... ie. write on one line, leave the next blank - sure you waste more paper, but the marker will thankyou for making it easier! do whatever you can to make the marker like your paper (write clearly, write in black, leave a line between paragraphs etc..)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i know this is late but it's alright, but yes hard to read, i would try to fix it up

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol yeah... i just felt like typing
what did you do in the end?

N

ND

I took some of the tips presented in this thread (such as writing bigger and leaving larger gaps). At least that's how i started out, but unfortunately my writing pretty much reverted back to how it was midway through most essays.. heheh..

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
LOL, so true. Markers have wwaaayyy messier writing. Heck, teachers write so bad its incomprehensible (sp?).

For a reason unknown to me, my handwriting has improved over the past 2 years. I honestly don't know why. I write as fast as i can, but for some reason its neat. Esp maths. I draw huge diagrams, don't use rulers (EVER), draw circles with one quick thingo, but for some reason it looks neat.

Not girly neat, but very much legible. hehe, lucky me. But then if I write heaps and quickly, it becomes bad. Esp business studies. 11 pages in two hours. :|

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
did you get ok marks ND? in the end could they read it?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i bought this book called "teach yourself better handwriting" by rosemary sasson. i've used it for a week now practising an hour a night... the grip that it teaches is great for relieving my pain, but i can't get the letters right yet, so slow.

ND

HSC
Originally posted by iambored
did you get ok marks ND? in the end could they read it?
They gave me 90 so i guess that they could read it.

i bought this book called "teach yourself better handwriting" by rosemary sasson. i've used it for a week now practising an hour a night... the grip that it teaches is great for relieving my pain, but i can't get the letters right yet, so slow.
Sounds good, i don't think i'll need it tough; no more essays for me! (gotta love actuarial studies :D)

santaslayer

HSC
jeeez man./...... if u didnt tell me, i woulda thought u were disabled and wasa writing wif ur foot ......

ND

HSC
"wasa" writing "wif" my foot? If you didn't tell me, i would have thought you had a speech impediment ...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
"wasa" writing "wif" my foot? If you didn't tell me, i would have thought you had a speech impediment ...
It's even worse when the speech impediment carries over to their typing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)