is n e 1 going to Syd Uni Ancient History Study Day on 25th June??? (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
I haven't heard about it - but I'm not really in the loop with these functions due to the home schooling..It sounds interesting though

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
Which one is it?

Our class is going to the Roman Society one and a few of us have decided to go to the Augustus one, but I can't remember the dates.

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Hey, this has already been mentioned, but to let you know a bit more... there's a history study day on June 26 at Carslaw Lecture Theatres. I believe it's being run by the History Teachers Association.

I don't have the full programme with me, but I know that it offers Minoa, Caesar, Sparta, Pompey and many others.

Just wondering if anyone is going, or knows it will be good?

The lecturers that I know about are Hurley, Mootz, Valenti and Marshall.

Comments? Suggestions

Abraxus

HSC
Yeah, our teacher briefly told us about the study day at Sydney Uni, and our class is going. He told us that it's essential for the course and pretty informative. Other than that, I've heard nothing else about it.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Well, I'm not going, since our teacher *chose* three people to go... would hate to see what their notes turn out like.

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
o well from wat i've heard its the history teachers association, and its mainly wat u need to noe and wat question may cum up in the actual hsc exam, so its worth the while going, but according to my teacher the teacher lecturing abt julius caesar isnt so good cause he does seem to be prepared with his lecturing and notes

Maveryck

My class is going to the one on June 21.

I'm not, because that's my 18th, and I expect I shall be pissed throughout the afternoon and well into the evening. :)

tom_sampson

Perhaps you should come to the event completely knackered? It's not like you haven't done it before. And that was entertaining for all.

Maveryck

...only if you and Boris come drunk as well.

We can hit on all the ladies, and start singing during the lectures... it'd be the best birthday ever! :p

Dazzaa

does the one on the 24th cost anything? Coz if i get there and it costs, then im gonna bail home. Its the last day of school...so im hitting the pub after 12:00 anyway...

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Originally posted by nessie_lee
yeah i went to the one yesterday.. i went to Hatshepsut, Sparta, Persian wars and delian league.... the guy who did the delian league one was bboooorrrriiiinnnnggg
God tell me about it! Lol I thought it was funny how some ppl left right in the middle of it. Thank god it didnt go till three.... I would have attempted suicide... ugh. To tell the truth I thought the whole day was a bore. $25 for a day of boredom... if I wanted boredom I wouldn't have to pay for it, at least I got some random notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)