Is Ngo and sons good for english and math? (1 Viewer)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Hello, I currently attend a tutoring centre, but I'm thinking about moving because I don't think it's effective, my parents have been suggesting to go to Ngo and sons as they have a good reputation. I have heard that Ngo and Son's math is extremely good however I'm not sure about the English. Does anyone have experience with maths and English and if they can tell me whether it's worth it to go to Ngo and Sons, if anyone can provide tutoring centres for English and science, that would also be really helpful :)

kkk579

hello
HSC
Hello, I currently attend a tutoring centre, but I'm thinking about moving because I don't think it's effective, my parents have been suggesting to go to Ngo and sons as they have a good reputation. I have heard that Ngo and Son's math is extremely good however I'm not sure about the English. Does anyone have experience with maths and English and if they can tell me whether it's worth it to go to Ngo and Sons, if anyone can provide tutoring centres for English and science, that would also be really helpful :)
don’t go ngo and sons for English, it’s trash. u don’t need tutoring for yr7-10 science, just learn outta a textbook.

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
don’t go ngo and sons for English, it’s trash. u don’t need tutoring for yr7-10 science, just learn outta a textbook.
how is the english like bad, do you not learn stuff in it or something?

Cham176

HSC
N/A
For Math, I personally have never been to Ngo, but they have a pretty good reputation amongst selective school students so I presume they would be a good choice for math tutoring. However the same can't be said about English, IMO consulting a private tutor for a reasonable price would be a much wiser choice.

Epicman69

HSC
I am pretty sure that Ngo and Son's is pretty good especially for the price, the guy that was ranked first (second in the grade) in my class for Maths Extension 1 went there. Also for Science, I recommend Zhang's or Peak. That being said though, I wouldn't want you to switch tutoring centres and expect a sudden increase in marks, because, at the end of the day, tutoring centres are only there to either help you get back on track or get ahead, so you really need to put in extra effort to achieve high marks.

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
I am pretty sure that Ngo and Son's is pretty good especially for the price, the guy that was ranked first (second in the grade) in my class for Maths Extension 1 went there. Also for Science, I recommend Zhang's or Peak. That being said though, I wouldn't want you to switch tutoring centres and expect a sudden increase in marks, because, at the end of the day, tutoring centres are only there to either help you get back on track or get ahead, so you really need to put in extra effort to achieve high marks.
my marks are fine, but my parents just want me to go tutoring anyway, besides my current tutoring isn't rlly helping me rn

icycledough

HSC
For Math, I personally have never been to Ngo, but they have a pretty good reputation amongst selective school students so I presume they would be a good choice for math tutoring. However the same can't be said about English, IMO consulting a private tutor for a reasonable price would be a much wiser choice.
Agree, a private tutor for English is much better than a group centre, as they can accommodate to your style of learning, and obviously, not every school will be doing the same texts.

kkk579

hello
HSC
if u don’t get into at least advanced(2nd best) don’t go there coz I heard intermediate and fundamental get the shitty teachers

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
everybody knows that Vietnamese people speak the best English of anyone in the world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)