Is NGO and Sons good? (1 Viewer)

lugipugi2020

HSC
N/A
I heard many people from Ruse go there and I am also considering it. I'm in year 9 in a top selective school currently (and have been looking for a good tuition centre) and do decent in maths. I heard they have an accelerated class and I would like to enter. How well would I have to do in the exams to be allowed in it? And What are the topics that assessed? Does anyone know any sample questions? Thank you!

darkk_blu

HSC
I've been to Ngo and Sons a few years back and the teachers are very good but they have a somewhat strict etiquette where you need to bow at the reception and classroom before and after you leave. To be honest the test was pretty easy, I'm not sure what the success rate was but after the test, the principal/owner came in and started talking.

Despite all the good things I've felt while I was there, they were also strict with homework and people were occasionally kicked out for not doing homework consistently but its a pretty good tutor. Whilst tutor does teach you, they ultimately are just keeping you ahead of what your school is learning. Year 9 and 10 introduce the most fundamental concepts for math in year 11 and 12, I would highly recommend tutoring especially for math and English, right now especially if you are aiming for a high ATAR. I hope this helps. Sources: went to ngo and sons and am doing 4U math?

Helen Phan

HSC
I've been to Ngo and Sons a few years back and the teachers are very good but they have a somewhat strict etiquette where you need to bow at the reception and classroom before and after you leave. To be honest the test was pretty easy, I'm not sure what the success rate was but after the test, the principal/owner came in and started talking.

Despite all the good things I've felt while I was there, they were also strict with homework and people were occasionally kicked out for not doing homework consistently but its a pretty good tutor. Whilst tutor does teach you, they ultimately are just keeping you ahead of what your school is learning. Year 9 and 10 introduce the most fundamental concepts for math in year 11 and 12, I would highly recommend tutoring especially for math and English, right now especially if you are aiming for a high ATAR. I hope this helps. Sources: went to ngo and sons and am doing 4U math?
I was considering studying at Ngo and Sons or Master Coaching Australia but after reading your comment, I think I should choose the other. Personally, I can't study in a uncomfortable place. There is my competition:

if you're a person who are able to study effectively by being forced you should choose Ngo and Sons, otherwise you should choose the other.
Of course, homework, assignments should be resolved but in encouraged way. what it would be if while studying ,you can relax with other group members.
Studying in a suffocative place, i feel like i'm not proactive at all, i just do what tutors tell me to do, but in another cases, no one can help me so maybe the same thing will happen in mathematic exams. So i would rather choosing a place where i can be a coach, argue, compete , encourage to do exercises with others than a place where i'm forced to do things then when i'm out of tutoring centre i remember nothing.
Vote for Master Coaching so.
:spin:

c8

HSC
I am a bit late but I think ngo and sons is good however, its very generic. They do not cater to each student's needs apart from them being separated into different classes. They have gotten a very high reputation because of how many people go there but it is not as good as many other tutors in the area. If don't want more of a personalised learning approach go for ngo and sons but if you want smaller classes you should look at other places

mokaz05

HSC
I feel that Ngo&Sons is more focused towards higher achieving students who currently attend selective schools. The teachers are mediocre and the way they give notes is not the best. Honestly, if you're in the upper high school years consider a private tutor or small-group tutoring with a tutor who is a current teacher and has resources to help. Otherwise, if you still want to excel and choose Ngo&Sons make sure you are in a higher level class so that you get ahead in what you're learning compared to school.

ShhQuietPlease

HSC
I've been to Ngo & Sons a while back (2016) and I remember it being really good. Yes, my first time was scary and after Dr Truong spoke to us I was really nervous. However my mum was adamant so I tried it out. And boy I was wrong. They are strict, yes, but this is strictness out of respect. We call our tutors Sir or Miss, just like how we don't call our mums and dad by their first name.

I was in the Yr 9 accelerated class and I had Sir and Mr Mai. I thought I was done for but they were really chill and motivated me through their life stories. Even though I went onto acheive a state rank in 2U and acheive high 90s for 3U and 4U, I think the most important part they changed was my mindset. That if I truly put my mind to it, anything is possible.

So looking back now, Ngo & Sons is a good place, I really enjoyed the techniques I've learnt (and all the jokes in class). But at the end of the day, it's also about how much you're willing to put in. No tutoring place will help if you are lazy, unmotivated or uncommitted.

Sir, if you ever read this, I know this was 4 years too late, but I just want to say thank you!!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
It's amazing to the extent that it changed my life. I was blessed to have Mr. Mai and then Sir as my teachers, who remain my teachers for life.

TryhardIndian

HSC
I've been to Ngo & Sons a while back (2016) and I remember it being really good. Yes, my first time was scary and after Dr Truong spoke to us I was really nervous. However my mum was adamant so I tried it out. And boy I was wrong. They are strict, yes, but this is strictness out of respect. We call our tutors Sir or Miss, just like how we don't call our mums and dad by their first name.

I was in the Yr 9 accelerated class and I had Sir and Mr Mai. I thought I was done for but they were really chill and motivated me through their life stories. Even though I went onto acheive a state rank in 2U and acheive high 90s for 3U and 4U, I think the most important part they changed was my mindset. That if I truly put my mind to it, anything is possible.

So looking back now, Ngo & Sons is a good place, I really enjoyed the techniques I've learnt (and all the jokes in class). But at the end of the day, it's also about how much you're willing to put in. No tutoring place will help if you are lazy, unmotivated or uncommitted.

Sir, if you ever read this, I know this was 4 years too late, but I just want to say thank you!!
Mr Mai was the best teacher at Ngo, highly recommend anyone that joins to go to his class!

Lazzzzzyyyyyy...

HSC
I attended for a few weeks and I didn't enjoy it, to be honest, maybe that's just me because I prefer smaller tutoring classes. I don't see much point in attending another class where a teacher is teaching 20-30 students because that's just felt like another version of school maths. The personality and ability of the tutor also really matters to me, I find that I liked much more the tuition centres where tutors actually show that they care about their student's studies and will offer personal, outside of lesson help/advice if needed for school and non-school related things (to a fair extent of course).

idkkdi

HSC
It's amazing to the extent that it changed my life. I was blessed to have Mr. Mai and then Sir as my teachers, who remain my teachers for life.

what did they teach you specifically?

TryhardIndian

HSC
It depends I was in the top elite class. It was full of ruse and baulkham hills students. I was the only one in a bad school. (still selective)
lmao same, I was in the class as well. I feel like some students learn better from competitive environments like the top elite class and some don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)