Is Physics really hard? (1 Viewer)

autumn-angel

HSC
people are telling me not to choose it coz they think its really hard but i find it interesting for all i know

kevzor

HSC
lol. its not as hard as you think. ur friends are probly exaggerating most likely because ur in year 10 and they have never done it before. i did it because i find it interesting. im coming about middle of my class and i dont do any work for it at all :S

maths is easy as balls. sub stuff into an equation, sumtimes change the equation to suit the question. easy.

Aznmichael92

HSC
no it isnt that hard but i am not doing it as i don't really find it interesting. I dont seem to like the concepts in physics like for every applied force, there is an equal opposite force.

WTF? lol

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
yes that is what i heard
One thing though..

different people like different things..
If you think you'll find physics interesting, DO IT.
Don't let people tell you it's shit. That's just their opinion.
A lot of people hate economics..... i love it.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
yes it is hard. but if your commited, its doable. rather interesting i think...

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
no it isnt that hard but i am not doing it as i don't really find it interesting. I dont seem to like the concepts in physics like for every applied force, there is an equal opposite force.

WTF? lol
ignorance

brigittaclare

HSC
it could depend on your teacher

i liked the course, but it was too hard to fathom with my teacher going every which way and disagreeing with himself and generally being a bit off the ball.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i think its the hardest subject i take.

at the same time i think its really interesting.

NB you can be good at something that is hard. if you like it, go for it - in reality its the people who take interest in physics that are the best at it.

HSC
N/A
dun worry if ur not good at maths or anything physics is only really basic maths, like subbing numbers into equations

plus its interesting even tho i suck at it

brigittaclare

HSC
munchiecrunchie said:
i think its the hardest subject i take.

at the same time i think its really interesting.

NB you can be good at something that is hard. if you like it, go for it - in reality its the people who take interest in physics that are the best at it.
i thought i was interested
perhaps more interested than most

but it just didn't work out.

if its a decision between physics and another subject, then i'm not sure what you'd do, [sorry =(]
but if its physics or nothing, definitely give it a shot
especially if you are intrigued in the first place.

bored of sc

HSC
EVERY HSC COURSE requires effort and hard work --> in this sense --> EVERY HSC SUBJECT is hard to some degree.

Aznmichael92

HSC
hollyy. said:
ignorance
yes I am ignorant. Not

It is just that I dont like the concepts we are studying in physics. It is just I dont know how to put it in words.... weird? and so I dont think I am suitable candidate for the subject.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Yeh its really hard. You need a strong Mathematics Background. Unless you are doing 2 unit Mathematics and are ranked top half of the Maths course in Year 10, Physics will be very hard for you.
You need to also be in the top half of the year 10 science. Seriously, some people who get 60% in year 10 science end up with 20% in year 11.
Someone (some nerd lol) who got 100% in year 10 science got 40% in year 11 Physics, because of their weak mathematics

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I hope that Physics isn't too hard... I am aiming to study a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) at either UNSW, Newcastle or UTS. If I go to Newcastle I am trying to do a combined course with Business as well...
I have been reading up on the assumed knowledge/prerequistes, and Physics seems to always be there :).

I think I shall still choose it, since I am ranked 1st in the year for maths and 2nd for science... I should cope. + I like the concepts of physics.

I just hope all the people that say that Physics is REALLY hard are wrong; hopefully they're just lazy.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
nerdsforever said:
Yeh its really hard. You need a strong Mathematics Background. Unless you are doing 2 unit Mathematics and are ranked top half of the Maths course in Year 10, Physics will be very hard for you.
You need to also be in the top half of the year 10 science. Seriously, some people who get 60% in year 10 science end up with 20% in year 11.
Someone (some nerd lol) who got 100% in year 10 science got 40% in year 11 Physics, because of their weak mathematics
when we were picking subjects my physics teacher said he wouldn't let general kids do the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)