Is psychology all its cracked up to be? (1 Viewer)

Existential

HSC
N/A
I hear to practice psychology you basically need a decade of training.

But apart from that, is it good?
Are job opportunities good?
Are the clients all mentally-impaired or do you come across everyday people often?
I guess I'm just wondering if the career is worth it because I'm interested in the subject, but not sure if the career would translate to my interests.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not sure about the career prospects and stuff - however, I do know that you can't practice Psych just coming out of University with a Bachelor's degree. You need Honours (or further)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
To practice psychology you need the four years honours plus an extra two years of clinical training, and then I think you start working. It's definitely not all mentally-impaired people, I know quite a few 'normal' people who see psychologists about things like stress, family relationships, depression etc. Try studying psychology at uni and see where it goes- there are a lot more job-paths than just working as a clinical psychologist.

swizzler

Banned
HSC
To practice psychology you need the four years honours plus an extra two years of clinical training, and then I think you start working. It's definitely not all mentally-impaired people, I know quite a few 'normal' people who see psychologists about things like stress, family relationships, depression etc. Try studying psychology at uni and see where it goes- there are a lot more job-paths than just working as a clinical psychologist.
i wish i knew this 6 years ago

fuck my life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)