Is rape actually as heinous as its made out to be? (1 Viewer)

cookkii

HSC
thats what im saying. the question is worded wrong, im saying that the question being addressed here isnt "is rape actually as heinous as its made out to be?" what we're actually discussing is "why is rape seen as more heinous than other crimes such as torture?"

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
thats what im saying. the question is worded wrong, im saying that the question being addressed here isnt "is rape actually as heinous as its made out to be?" what we're actually discussing is "why is rape seen as more heinous than other crimes such as torture?"
Not really seeing a massive difference between those two questions??

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I agree that there's a large gap between the rigid social attitude to rape and the liberal social attitude to sex. It's just one of many contours marking the tragedy of a post-Christian age
This is an absolutely disgusting thing to say.

Dazza01

HSC
I think that rapist's can not be rehabilitated; there is always something there within the mind that causes these atrocities to occur.

Usually, rapist's commit other crimes, and, because there is usually a chemical imbalance or a personality disorder involved with the person in question, they are just as dangerous as murderer's.

HSC
I think that rapist's can not be rehabilitated; there is always something there within the mind that causes these atrocities to occur.

Usually, rapist's commit other crimes, and, because there is usually a chemical imbalance or a personality disorder involved with the person in question, they are just as dangerous as murderer's.
Thanks, gr8 input, totally addressed the OP:santa:

Sociopaths who commit other forms of torture do not have to exact same conditions (chemical imbalances etc)??

But when they commit these crimes (keeping in mind they are unlikely to be able to be rehabilitated) they are usually treated less harshly to someone with a similar disorder who commited an offence with a similar affect to the victim but with a sexual aspect?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC

Source?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
This is an absolutely disgusting thing to say.
Obviously i'm against rape and think that near-life sentences are appropriate, but this is because I view the act of making life just about as sacred as life itself. I am consistent.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
CHEMICAL IMBALANCES AND CRIMINAL VIOLENCE

It usually deals with serial killers, however, it deals with all forms of aggressiveness and criminal violence.
More interested in the alleged link between rape and other crimes as I tend to think that the vast majority of rapists, the ones who have sex with drunk girls or pressure their partners into sex, are otherwise law abiding citizens.

As far as the chemical imbalance theory goes it is worth noting that it is not currently a broadly endorsed theory, which isn't to say that it is without merit but rather to flag it as somewhat controversial.

I would also note that the source linked is a paper by William J. Walsh, Director of Research at Pfeiffer. An important point considering that Pfeiffer is in the business of selling chemical treatments.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Obviously i'm against rape and think that near-life sentences are appropriate, but this is because I view the act of making life just about as sacred as life itself. I am consistent.
Comparing sexual liberation to rape is ridiculous.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Consensual rape imCatholico

HSC
N/A
I further suggest that certain forms of animal abuse are far more heinous than certain cases of rape, with sentences that have differences of many orders of magnitude in their sentences.

In philosophy today we talked about animal cruelty, and our tutor happened to have an awful video of a dog of some kind, perhaps a mink or whatever, being skinned alive. Needless to say that it was a terrible crime. It's a crime that induces far more suffering than rape ever could...well, certain types of rape

Rape needs to be taken off its pedestal, feminists need to shut the fuck up, and we all need to have a good, long, hard look at what rape is and exactly how bad each "quanta" of rape is.

But while the Daily Telegraph exists this won't happen. BURN THEM

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A
Violent acts such as rape, should be classed as crimes in the same way as any other act of violence against persons. Period.

HSC
N/A
and bullying is recognised as doing the same thing in cases extreme enough. there was that lady in america who caused her kids friend to commit suicide.

she escaped jail time, from what i recall.

Ancly

Banned
HSC
N/A
please explain to me how some guy ramming his pindick in your gaping moot while you are passed out drunk is a more heinous than say punching someone in the face?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)