is recording a reading of your notes good? (1 Viewer)

nicholas210

HSC
Is it good to listen to yourself reading your notes? I've written notes and was wondering if this was a good way to remember them.

Kymren

HSC
It depends. Some people find it helps while others don't. I record all my essays and listen to them to memorise them. I find that the most important thing is not to do it absolutely perfect, mistakes that you fix up in your mind help by acting as prompts and markers from which to memorise.

ameher

HSC
I don't find it useful, however some people find it an effective way of studying.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Do what works for you-I did both-record my notes as well as review them-it was a good way to familiarise myself with the material-it isn't as tedious as you think it is-because there are often times where you simply feel too tired to read notes-where listening to them comes very handy:) But make sure you are an aural learner-otherwise this won't be very effective.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
depends on your style of learning. If you're a visual person, you would be better off writing your essays, reading over them, or making essay plans. If you're a good audio learner, then recording and listening will definitely be beneficial.

iStudent

HSC
takes a while to record you reading your notes... and even then it wouldn't be as efficient as reading since you talk slower than you read (in your head)
I wouldn't do it but whatever works
I find rote learning the best way to memorise notes :)

enoilgam

HSC
As mentioned above it depends on the person - so I would try it and see if it works. A mate of mine tried this and listened to them whenever he had free time and even when he slept - it didnt work for him so he stopped after a couple of weeks. Who knows though, it may work for you.

turkey4dinner

HSC
N/A
I usually just take a separate sheet and summarize my notes/reorganize them. That way you are forced to understand your notes again so its' easier to remember. Just my own method hope it helps ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)