Is Rock and Roll evil? (1 Viewer)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I think so. Music holds an awesome power over men's minds and where it encourages us to abandon ourselves and our surroundings, it should be resisted.
The tribal throbbing of rock and roll falls under such a category in my opinion. It is like a drug on the individual, who is encouraged to abandon their whole personality and good judgement over to the music and the musicians. It should be contrasted to other music that appeals to our better angels and seeks to appeal to our reason, rather than our base instincts, like the divine and beautiful order of much of Western classical music.

When we lose such control over ourselves, and it is the same with any addiction, we lose our battle with evil. From here, we are totally exposed to all other evil self-abuse, like drug or alcohol addiction, or excessive pride, frequent and anonomous sex and slothful self-indulgence. Rock and roll is the thin end of the wedge, the foot in the door, for all demons to come rushing and screeching into your very soul

Rather we must endevour to fight, my friends. Fight the world and its attempts to strangle you with its endless penetrating tentacles. Fight the system that degrades your dignity and the dignity of all men. Fight those who would try to tell you that giving in to such degrading temptations is not a surrendering of your individual dignity and self-control, but an expression of it.
Never give in, never give in; never, never never. In nothing, large or small. Never yeild to force, never yeild to the overwhelming might of external enemies.
A man does not cry about this constant internal battle; he fights
Iron never ceases to amaze me.

I take it you do not like this type of music then?

9deuce

MADE
HSC
Well it can be used by the wrong people to influence us.
Especially to buy a product.
Fuckin subliminal advertising.

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
1. I get the feeling the Raver listens to 104.1
2. I also get the feeling he doesn't know what RnB stands for without looking it up on the net.

XPac2

HSC
Iron, you're a bit of a fag aren't you. But it seems to me that you haven't been getting the love you need...

What's wrong sweetie? Pope's hat been stuck up your ass for a while?

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
Iron, you're a bit of a fag aren't you. But it seems to me that you haven't been getting the love you need...

What's wrong sweetie? Pope's hat been stuck up your ass for a while?

stfu

iron is cool.

XPac2

HSC
Iron has a god complex. I get ot, he's a catholic, but i dont give a fuck what his god thinks so he should stop shoving religion down my throat.

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
1. He is not shoving religion down your throat you fuck. if you dont want to read his posts.... fucking don't its not that hard.
2. you're a retard.

so stfu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)