Is SAM accurate?? (1 Viewer)

jang

is not my real name
HSC
Estel said:
In defence of SAM

SAM by nature can't be entirely accurate even for the year given.
As an example:
In 2003 student A and B get:
80/100 in 3U Maths, 4U Maths, 2U English, 3U English, 4U English, 2U Modern History.
One student could get 90.45 and another could get 91.4. How is SAM meant to get both right? You can only guess that you got somewhere in between. [79.5 and 80.4 will both show up as 80]

This doesn't even begin to think about different distribution of HSC marks for different years and changing candiditures.
Then be nice and give SAM a small margin of error.

So if SAM is 1.5 off, don't whinge about it.
SAM is a nice fun little toy.

Edit: Plugging what would appear to be the same marks of 2 students across 2 years in SAM, I managed to generate UAI's 4.5 apart. This is by no means the maximum range of error, and this is assuming SAM is 100% accurate.
i hav no fukn idea wat ur on about
but wat the hey, im sure u woulda helped some idiot who is interested.

neways, sam predicted my uai to the final digit. obviously sam predicts for the year before.... so yeh no1 should fully believe in sam, he can be a bit of a bastard and giv urself a false sense of confidence

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
SAM's UAI prediction of my HSC mark for 2004 was 96. I got the exact same mark for my UAI in 2004. Spread the word of SAM, for it is A-L-M-I-G-H-T-Y.

sladehk

le random
HSC
Yes. IF the people of the school that are taking the same subject as you do good, you will scale up. Other wise you may get no or negative scaling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)