Is SDD actually what you think it is? (1 Viewer)

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
when i started SDD i had no idea what the hell it was, i only did it because one of my teachers told me i should, and look where i am now!!,
p.s.
My class sucks only 6 people in the class and almost all of them dont do a thing because of that my teacher has given a lot more time for prac, in fact i think that we do just as much prac as theory

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Chief2666 said:
when i started SDD i had no idea what the hell it was, i only did it because one of my teachers told me i should, and look where i am now!!,
p.s.
My class sucks only 6 people in the class and almost all of them dont do a thing because of that my teacher has given a lot more time for prac, in fact i think that we do just as much prac as theory

lol.....we started with about 25 pple [or less]...and by the end of year 12...there were only 8 left. 3 of them wanted ...but could not drop it cuiz they had no other subjects to make up 10 units required. 2 of them left and went to TAFE [after hsc]...and one other....is doing year 12 again this year.......so...only 2 pple who actually did sdd because the half-wanted it. I wanted to drop it...but because i had 12 untis...I was worried I might screw up in one of my subjects...so kept it as a back-up.:eek:

sig

HSC
Igot 88 in the HSC. CRAP. I know. but it wasnt counted towards my UAI...so........watch out.
88 and it didn't get counted to your UAI of 58.9?

Can you tell me your other HSC marks?

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
sig said:
88 and it didn't get counted to your UAI of 58.9?

Can you tell me your other HSC marks?

LOL:D

58.9 is not my actual UAI...:D....dat's just a joke....hwo do u expect me to get into adv science as a hecs student with a UAI of 58.9. while the minimum UAI required is 96.4?...........my actual UAI is some tens higher than my "apparent" UAI...:D:eek:...sorryy for misleading ya!

Insouciance

HSC
I thought it would be more web-stuff. But now there's four of us and it's 98% mucking around. It's quite fun, actually.

Hedgy

HSC
"I'd agree. Reading your textbook is probably your best bet, to start of with."

Got a LOL outta that one.

Our Teacher hasnt given us a textbook >.<

Instead we started getn photocopies of the only book i think the school has. Photocopies... 10% @ a time.

Gooof stuff! ~_~

Ive gotta get around to Buying one, one of these days, so i can kill off the theory a little.

Beege

HSC
yeh this is a course where u gotta teach yourself cauz we type up our notes at school and we have no time to take it in because we are too focused on typing every second, but sometimes our teacher explains things to us. I don't think you learn how to actually code in the course, it just shows you what it is all about, all you have to do is solve problems in code, write up algorithms and you are pretty much set.

Platinum CS

HSC
Does this answer your question?
I'm the only one in our class who knows how to write a program.
I also get the lowest marks in most assessments -.-

kiwi89

HSC
my gosh, you guys have it quite hard. My class does about 80% in class prac, but we do a lot of theory as homework. But it doesnt help that our teacher isnt the best.

onggie

HSC
N/A
I found this subject really rubbishy, and thanks to the NSW government and how subject selections are done, etc was unable able to drop this subject. No wonder why so many people pick up this subject then by the end of the year you only have 1/4th of what the class used to be.

Plus the stupid text books they make you use, 10 years out of date, but even though they are out of date and contain spelling and grammar errors. They are long winded and not useful. Instead of the schools making us buy these rubbish books and having the teacher photocopy their own resources, tell us to buy the excel book and teach out of that.

That would save a lot of time and headache, not to much money!

Mitcho1989

\m/ Rock on \m/
HSC
i attended the information thing for this course, which made me pick the subject

the teacher showed us a half decent program and said we would be making stuff like this. one word: BULLSHIT

we never made anything even remotely close to it

and i know it is more theory than anything, but we were mislead right from the start. we were told we would do theory and make programs, but pretty much all we did was theory, and we were left to do the major assessment ourselves, without being taught anything about programming languages in the class

the only reason i did a good job in the major is because i taught myself to use visual basic, well before i took up SDD

we have a teacher at the school who actually can teach software design (he even learned a heap of programming languages just out of the books, without even touching a computer!) but no, we were stuck with a teacher who knows f**k all about it, and just changes the topic when she doesnt understand what shes talking about

so thank you to the teacher i had, for making SDD the WORST subject i ever took, and causing me to make the biggest mistake of my life by choosing it

Tomotron

HSC
Yeah seriously, we have probably failed software because our school couldnt offer the resources to teach this hard subject...if you dont have a qualifided teacher then why the fuck offer this a subject in yr 11, its absolutely pointless waste of time.

Foxodi

HSC
Its not a hard subject, but defiantly not what I had in mind.
Way to much theory, while easy, just seems pointless - esspecially considering we only apply it once in the whole year?.
Not to mention my teacher is the worst teacher I have come across in my 13years of schooling ... I constantly bagmouth him behind his back :p
But seriously, I'll come first in my (stupid) sdd class, but I doubt it'll be counted towards my uai, and I'd only come first because I actually taught myself the course, instead of listening to the stupid teacher spend enourmous amounts of time on things which arnt even that relevent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)