Is Sydney airport security adequate? the system trustworthy? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm seriously amazed that people think "public awareness" about this needs to be raised. Do you actually mean that you personally, or that you know people who weren't previously aware of these issues? I've always been under the impression it was fairly obvious that risks like these were present in airports, be it either through staff themselves or nefarious individuals who choose it as a place to target people?

Note: not a dig at anyone (This time), I'm just genuinely curious as to whether people are really only finding about these issues now.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
I'm seriously amazed that people think "public awareness" about this needs to be raised. Do you actually mean that you personally, or that you know people who weren't previously aware of these issues? I've always been under the impression it was fairly obvious that risks like these were present in airports, be it either through staff themselves or nefarious individuals who choose it as a place to target people?

Note: not a dig at anyone (This time), I'm just genuinely curious as to whether people are really only finding about these issues now.
Well, there are times when I am an idealist....

spell check

HSC
you knew a substantial proportion of airport workers including security employees were corrupt and engaging in criminal activities? apparently no one else did, hence this report being a big deal. :rolleyes:

how silly of me to think airports are places where 18% of employees being corrupt is troubling - it's not as though terrorists target airports or anything, or drugs, money, other illicit goods come in and out through them every day

oh and obviously your concern about catching planes and putting your luggage in the hands of airport employees is shared by many other people. no sarcasm there.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Asquithian said:
However I guess its better to be safe than sorry. Even though it shouldnt make a difference the actual allegations made by Corby, even if people do not believe it, has made more people aware of the need to secure their baggage.
Bull's eye. Even I wouldn't be as relaxed as before when I packed my bags. The suspicion is there, in my mind...

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
when i wanna travel overseas
stuff the luggages, im carryin' a plastic bag to carry my stuff.
i never trust the airport since september 11 2001.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
Airport security is the same as it always has been... there will always be doggy baggage handlers, customs etc... but sth east asia will always be the same, and unfortunatley mostly all flights now go through Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia..Indonesia is not the only place with these strict rules, the first signs you read when you step of a plane in theses countries is 'death to drug traffickers'...

the best advice is to lock your bags, and even your on board luggage, or check it regurlary.... at least with your bag locked you can see if it had been tampered with..

love willie xoxoxoxo

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Bleh ive travelled various times, was 100-200 metres of a bomb exploding next to a fuel outlet in philippines, and to be perfectly honest, i think you're the one being naive about not knowing of shifty happenings in the airports.

Like people have stated, there are shifty people everywhere, the various warnings they give you are for your safety and for the acknowledgement of this fact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)