Is Tafe really so much easier? (1 Viewer)

workerdude85

HSC
N/A
Is Tafe really much easier than Uni? i keep hearing people at universities believing tafe is much easier than uni. i understand universirty is more indepth obviously because 3 years compared to say 18 months and as long as you do your work you build upon what you learn, common sense right?

So question is, is tafe really much easier than UnI? The workload is same right? so what is so much harder / harder about uni than tafe?

Is this "easy course" and "bludge" a misleading?

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Nothin is easy. I also get very angry when people say that certain courses are way easier then other courses at uni.
Some tafe courses can last for 2 years and you do like 15 subjects a semester, so theres a lot to know. My own brother went to uni through tafe and he says tafe has taught him all the skills and earned him a job, he says uni stuff is quiet useless in the real world.

HSC
Well my friend seems to think her TAFE Theatre Arts course is sooooooo much harder than my Science and my friends Medical Radiations... shes fucked in the head though
So what if she has to go to tafe 9-4 every day lawl

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it really depends what you're doing. i have a friend doing event management at tafe and she says that even though some stuff is really easy there's other stuff like financial/accounting subjects that she finds really hard. also some tafe courses (like this one) can be very practical-based so if you're more of an essay-theory type person you could have problems.

obviously there are some tafe courses which would be much much much easier than some uni courses...but then again there are probably some tafe courses that would be on par with some uni courses as well, like i said it depends what you're studying and what kind of student you are.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Musk said:
i did an IT subject in first semester, got a D :rofl:
So whats your point? I have seen numerous people get D's in engineering and other HARDER courses as medicine. And you got "a" D not numerous amounts.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'll be honest. I think the problem is mainly with the people who go to TAFE, rather than TAFE itself.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Musk said:
the fail rate was 40% so its either u got something better than that or stfu n gtfo
Of course.... They scale marks to reduce failure rates. And an IT course having 40% failure rate at UTS and you getting a D, when you have like a low CR average, sounds like BS.

dude01

HSC
Musk, can you stfu about engineering already?

No it was a subject in conjunction with the engineering faculty, engineering never scales their marks
HAHAHA... ok. That's bullshit my bro does UTS engineering and is in final year. He's told me numerous times how his final marks were obviously scaled. Law scales subjects too, which happened to me this past semester in contract law. Basically, most subjects with large amounts of students will scale final marks.

the fail rate was 40% so its either u got something better than that or stfu n gtfo
40% failure rate isn't an unusually high amount. This percentage includes people who have basically dropped the subject, but failed to withdraw officially... I remember even in first year accounting the failure rate was around 30-40%. D's are not that hard to get. Come back when you get a 90+ HD, then you can call a subject or topic "easy".

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Nobody Listened said:
Well my friend seems to think her TAFE Theatre Arts course is sooooooo much harder than my Science and my friends Medical Radiations... shes fucked in the head though
So what if she has to go to tafe 9-4 every day lawl
Um, unless you perform yourself I really wouldn't try to make generalised comments like that.

neo o said:
I'll be honest. I think the problem is mainly with the people who go to TAFE, rather than TAFE itself.
It is a big part of the problem, too many people go to TAFE because they couldn't do anything else despite the fact that there are some things its really better to go to TAFE for. It brings the image down massively. The other part of the problem is lack of resources, they make so many cuts all the time that its just ridiculous.

dude01

HSC
Musk said:
if you dont like what i say then Y READ IT? its not directed to yo
Because you fill all these threads with your pointless engineering crap. You need to realise that people have different strengths and engineeering is not the hardest/best fucking course on the planet as you make it out to be. E.g. my bro finds engineering easy, whereas he could never do my law stuff and vice versa.

Musk said:
Accounting <> IT related shit. As a matter of fact it amazes me how can anyone fail accounting considering all is required is memorising the material required for the final exam
Have you even done an accounting subject?

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
people are starting to hate u Musk.....when will u learn and i cant believe you represent your uni faculty.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Musk said:
i dont no more i have a full time job, i represent myself

besides why would i lose sleep over them? they mean nothing to me apart from the sheer enjoyment that their anger is meaningless
Maybe u shouldnt use the forums anymore if you dont care about what others think or do, because all you do is stir people up.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Musk said:
if you dont like what i say then Y READ IT? its not directed to you

Name the subjects or gtfo

Accounting <> IT related shit. As a matter of fact it amazes me how can anyone fail accounting considering all is required is memorising the material required for the final exam
Dear Musk, do you find it absolutely necessary to give people the impression that a lot of engineering students are anti-social e-thugs who have never felt the gentle touch of a woman in real life?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Musk, you have been to accounting lectures but haven't done any exams or assessments so you can't say that. It's not memorising...I'm not going to say what I think about engineering because I haven't done any engineering subjects.

You are a troll.

T

Testpilot

Kebabci Oglu said:
Yes exactly ur one of those people. Business/ commerce is not easy .
Commerce is easier than Engineering (and I should know). I'm yet to learn anything in Commerce that anyone with half a brain doesn't already know or is able to derive for themselves. I know that certain Commerce subjects will be hard in later years, but at the moment Engineering > Commerce in terms of difficulty.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
nah i have mates who have been to tafe first.. and then uni afterwards..

and from their testimonial, its true that tafe is way easier than uni...

also the style of teaching is very different, the assessment methods, etc.. basically uni exams r much harder

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Musk said:
1. You do Commerce so social activitiy is next to zero due to the degree's competitive nature

2. You go to an anti-social uni, ask jamsta.

3. That is all
nar unsw isnt that bad...but thats because im asian and fit in nicely :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)