• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is the hsc worth 5hrs/day effort? (1 Viewer)

RIPOFF OR NOT? 5hrs a day FFS!!

• YES!! 5hrs is RIDICULOUS!!

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • NO!! i like studying.. it is my life.. it is my DESTINY.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • HERRING ME

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

coroneos

I have just thought long and hard about how much of a ripoff it is to waste 5hrs/day studying for the HSC.

Do u think it is a ripoff?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Nope.

Remember, this is doing do it for maybe for just 1 year.

Sacraficing a few hours a day for that one year to be able to get into university, get a degree, and get a job is worth it.

I'm not saying it's the only way, but truthfully, this is the most common and safe path to your future.

You've been at school since kindergarten all the way to year 12... Thats 12 years of study, why waste it all in your very last year?

5 hours may be quite a lot to do a day, and i doubt many people do that everyday unless approaching exams but some reasonable effort is required.

Sammmmmuel

Well if u want to do something good at uni (and with ur life) it is not a ripoff coz u actually get somewhere and something to show for all ur hard work.... All those wanting to earn lots of money end up finishing uni and getting a good job. Some of the uais are pretty ridiculous though for example all the communication courses at "the better unis" are really high, and thats just because of the limited places. Id say the high uais are a rip off, but not studying since u will never regret it in the end

coroneos

but seriously there are tonnes of people out there who have like no education and are billionaires :)

Richard Branson can't even read/write.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yes but do you want to base your future thinking you will be able to get rich from a non-education path?

Picking the non-tertiary education path means you are basing a lot of your future on contacts, current knowledge and luck.

I'm not saying you can't do that, i'm saying that route isn't as -safe- as the university one.

Jeo

study every day. but dont do too much every day. I just study 2 hours per (normal) day, and 3 max. but before the exams, which is now, im doing 10...

lilly

yeah totally!

hey
i did the hsc last year and recieved a UAI of 89.5, leading up to hte exams i was doing about 7-8 hours a day. but considering htat i was at a public library with friends i actually did about 4 to 5. it is only worth doing those hours if they are productive, if you are studying and you feel that your not doing effective study, STOP! there's no point in wasting time, go for a run and then get back into it!!!!

in regard to the 5 hours a day, in the long run its not worth it, being at uni this year has opened my eyes to the fact that the HSC is the biggest wank under the face of the planet, but in saying that we all have to do and make the most out of it. so if you want to get into the best degree you can possibly do next year then i suggest you just slog out and do the 5 hours, you'll be rewarded in the long run !!!!!!!

Good Luck guys and have fun at schoolies !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)