IS the IT employment too hard to find? ~ (1 Viewer)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
:( im thinking of choosing IT or computery stuff to do at University, but i am scared that it would be too hard to find a job.
So what do you think ?

fatmuscle

HSC
I'm in 2nd yr IT at UTS, studying the 'biscuit' course. the course has one year - the thrid year- where they students do a diploma which is their industrial training year. the students apply for jobs, and have to work there (getting paid of course).

since i'm in 2nd year, I'm looking for a job for next year, but at the moment there's nothing coming through. We're sent weekly emails about new jobs coming out, but we seem to only get 2 a week. Most are which are programming jobs requiring atleast 3 languages.

Most of the people in my currnt year are deciding not to do the diploma, as it is too hard to find a job atm. lots of 3rd years decided not to do the diploma too. So at the moment, it's not looking too good.

I'm sure it will pick up though!

I'll um... invent something really cool that needs lots of people to work for me. I'll create millions of jobs!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
...I'll um... invent something really cool that needs lots of people to work for me. I'll create millions of jobs!
lol...thats just puts a ton of pressure on u.:D

anywayz...if its hard for fatmuscle (with all his repotoire) to get a job..then what chances do we have?:(

anyway i reckon its best to combine any IT degrees with like science,law,commerce etc.:)

yoshi

If you don't love computers, spare the industry and don't get into it. There is no money in IT anymore, and you have to love the work.

If your aim is to get a boring job that makes you some cash so you can have fun outside of 9-5, then go become a beancounter.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by freaking_out
anyway i reckon its best to combine any IT degrees with like science,law,commerce etc.:)
thats exactly what i've been advocating in the other thread ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)