Is the law faculty weakening? (1 Viewer)

Hatake88

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm currently debating between law (major in commerce law) or commerce at usyd. Lately I've been browsing threads to get some information on the two. One thing that stuck out to me about MacQ law was that the faculty seems to be weakening? I'm not trying to bash the uni or the faculty (since I really have no idea) but if its true then obviously I'll like to know. Anyways, here are the major rumors I heard so far:

1. MacQ is cutting back the amount they invest in the law faculty. Someone said that led to subjects being cut from holding two hour long lectures to one hour long lectures. Personally, while I"m not a particular fan of lectures in general (don't like the big class format), I don't wish for content which is already squished into a time slot to be further compressed. So, is this rumor legit?

2. Law faculty is disorganized. So disorganized in fact that it is now under the arts faculty rather than having one of its own. Personally, I hope this doesn't translate to the stuff that we do being all over the place but I won't be surprised if it does (if the rumor is true, that is).

3. MULS (student law society) is biased. I heard that people who aren't on the executive panel rarely get to compete and the positions are all clogged up by certain individuals (not saying they don't deserve it but it'll be nice if things were spread around :tongue2:).

4. Usyd won't recognize certain MacQ law units for some reason or other.

Are any of those true? Please help ASAP and I got to decide soon. I really hope it isn't as bad as it sounds and, please, I really do not mean to offend with my post (sorry if I did) :(

Thanks.

Last edited:

will90211

HSC
Well this is the strangest post I've ever seen. For memory, the School of Law has always been within the FoA.

A friend did 1st yr law last year and loved it. Though like every other uni don't expect it to be easy just because 'it's Mac Uni''.

Hatake88

HSC
Well this is the strangest post I've ever seen. For memory, the School of Law has always been within the FoA.

A friend did 1st yr law last year and loved it. Though like every other uni don't expect it to be easy just because 'it's Mac Uni''.

Yeah, I don't know either mate. I just googled "Macquarie Uni law" and was surprised what I found.

Anyone know if its true though? Kinda freaky if true...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)