is the major work marked internally? (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
inside bloody bloody 10 charchter limit whos stupid idea was this!

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
it's meant to be marked 'internally'...but that doesnt mean your teacher can't send it away to another teacher to mark instead, if they so wish.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Persephone87 said:
Where'd you get that from? Why would they want to do that?
many teachers ( well some) dont actually do there on marking, they pass it on to someone else. but with something big like hist. ext. most teachers would proabably mark it themselves

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
i think my teacher wanted our works to be marked by someone who didn't know us, so it would be much more objective. i guess that seeing she's watched us develop and work on ours for so long, and she knows our progress, it would be difficult to mark. so they were sent off to one of her friends...
unfortunately this other person was a harsh marker (although quite fair), and didn't butter up her comments with compliments. if she thought your essay was crap, she would put lines through it etc..she was also a grammar nazi.
there were plenty o'tears when we got the marks back :S

Plebeian

Since it's marked internally everyone getting bad marks shouldn't matter at least. I can see what you mean..ours is getting marked by another teacher in the history faculty at our school who has had no involvement with the projects, although he probably knows who we are.

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
well i guess so, its the effort and dedication that counts most - if u did it at the last minute kinda thing then there doesn't seem to b a lot of effort into it, but if u spend the right amount of time or even more to that matter then u might expect to get good results

HSC
We have 2 hist ext classes, so we had them double marked....apparently any discrepencies in marks they would sit down and discuss. So that was good, because we had two different opinions without the whole "sending out of school" thing. Personally, though, I think that's really strange, isn't the whole point of "internal" marking means that its marked within the school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)