Is the Matrix 'Reverse' ATAR calculator accurate? (1 Viewer)

Illest

HSC
I discovered that Matrix had a reverse ATAR calculator where you can type in the ATAR you want and it'll display the HSC marks you'll need. So I typed in the ATAR I wanted along with my subjects and when it showed the marks I needed, I was surprised that it wasn't as high as I expected. Then I typed those marks into another ATAR calculator and got a much lower mark. O__O" How does the Matrix ATAR calculator work??

qwerty44

HSC
All it does is give the average scaled mark per unit required to get the aggregate of the ATAR you put in.

qwerty44

HSC
And remember they are ESTIMATORS, and not fully accurate so don't get your hopes up or down over them.

EDIT: *NOT FULLY ACCURATE

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Not perfect was they do pump out some mark you should get on average however some can be higher and some can be lower etc.

matrixeducation

HSC
Hi Illest, the Matrix ATAR calculator uses the data provided by UAC to approximate the scaled marks and ATAR. It uses an algorithm to achieve this approximation which is why it is able to perform reverse calculations with reasonable accuracy. If you have any more questions, please give us a call on 1300 008 008 Kind Regards, The Matrix Team

BigBadBader

HSC
not only that, but its glitched

okay, i want to lock my english at 70 and get a 80 atar. it shows me the subjects and the marks needed, as soon as i manually add 1 extra point for english it drops.

Clonkey99

HSC
Hmmmm interesting... It did seem pretty accurate! :confused: It must have got better as the years went on. Improvement in the program... perhaps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)